• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Anyone use Windows XP x64

I have been running RO:O on an X64 install since the games release in March without any problems at all.

The install path should be 'X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\yourname\red orchestra'

Have you overclocked your CPU at all?.(the 64 bit AMD chips are immensly o/c'able)

Have a good clean out with a Registry Edit tool or Driver Cleaner to remove any gfx/sound driver related crap.

Is your memory ok?.

etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mearly trying to help him in the long run.
but if he really does persist what brand and modell GPU unit are you using?
Is there a spesific error message ?
does this only occur with this game or does it also happen with any newer modell games ?

MY first fix issue would be to track down the most uptodate and perhaps non beta grpahics driver for your GPU. The issue with 64 bit systems is that you need spesific 64 bit drivers. The Unreal 2.5 engine that RO runs on does have support for 64 bit so shouldnt really be a game issue.

My bet would be that you are perhaps running a GPU that does not have good 64 bit support or that you drivers are just old.

Upvote 0
[Splat]=Gwartisan said:
I have been running RO:O on an X64 install since the games release in March without any problems at all.

The install path should be 'X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\yourname\red orchestra'

Have you overclocked your CPU at all?.(the 64 bit AMD chips are immensly o/c'able)

Have a good clean out with a Registry Edit tool or Driver Cleaner to remove any gfx/sound driver related crap.

Is your memory ok?.

etc.

-Install patch is correct
-No, i don't overclock
-Reinstalled windows today and added fresh drivers.
-Memory should be just fine, all other games and applications works flawless (except for a beta game i was testing, but you can't say anyhting for sure with beta stuff). And i prefer to avoid 50 hour mem test ;)

RO still doesn't work.

Upvote 0
paalrh said:
Mearly trying to help him in the long run.
but if he really does persist what brand and modell GPU unit are you using?
Is there a spesific error message ?
does this only occur with this game or does it also happen with any newer modell games ?

MY first fix issue would be to track down the most uptodate and perhaps non beta grpahics driver for your GPU. The issue with 64 bit systems is that you need spesific 64 bit drivers. The Unreal 2.5 engine that RO runs on does have support for 64 bit so shouldnt really be a game issue.

My bet would be that you are perhaps running a GPU that does not have good 64 bit support or that you drivers are just old.

Thank you for your concern, but i have had 32 bit earlyer. I got about 30-40% faster system and a big improvment with frames per second in games. There is no way i am going back :)

System specs:
Windows Xp Pro x64-bit
AMD athlon 64 4000+(2,4 Ghz)
Gigabyte K8NXP-9 (Nforce 4 Ultra)
2GB RAM (4x OCZ 512MB Dual Channel Platinum Ed. R-2 PC-3200 2x512MB (2-2-2-5) 400Mhz)
500GB S-ATA Raid Striping (2x Western Digital 250GB S-ATA 7200 RPM Caviar RAID Edition 8MB cache FDB)
Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2
Point of View Nvidia Geforce 6800 Ultra PciE

I have tried graphics driver 81.xx and 91.xx, no difference at all in this game (as far as i can tell in the few secs i'm ingame)

This problem has only occured in another game (see reply above)

Upvote 0