• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Spawnpoints

Hiya guys.
New here but been playing for a while now.
One of the points that have annoyed me is spawnpoints.
On a lot of tank maps there's more than one spawnpoint & it seems random which one you spawn at whether there's a tank there or not. Would it not be possible to choose which of the spawnpoints you spawn at? Especially as a lot of players have their own route, methods & tactics to play a certain map.
Another point is silly spawnpoints. One example is the Lotz map. What is the point of the Axis troops spawning on the 3rd floor of a building miles away from any contact or cap sites. Fine near the building or even on the ground floor but being on another floor just means you have to waste time & effort running down the stairs for no reason.
Cheers
Rob

Don't see your problem.
Being a bit away of the action is deliberate, so you value your life more. Additionally, as every killed soldier needs some time to get back into action, makes killing defenders and attacks worth your while.
And spawnpoints are not random, but dependant on what capture points your team controlls, and what class you chose. As a tanker you always spawn where the tanks spawn. If there are none left, your team most likely consists of egomaniacs who all drive off alone. Simply wait for new ones to spawn then.

Upvote 0
[-project.rattus-] said:
Don't see your problem.
Being a bit away of the action is deliberate, so you value your life more. Additionally, as every killed soldier needs some time to get back into action, makes killing defenders and attacks worth your while.
And spawnpoints are not random, but dependant on what capture points your team controlls, and what class you chose. As a tanker you always spawn where the tanks spawn. If there are none left, your team most likely consists of egomaniacs who all drive off alone. Simply wait for new ones to spawn then.

i understand your point about getting back into the action. However there's no need to be on the 3rd floor of a building with no windows to shoot from. You HAVE to walk all the way downstairs before you even think about running to where the action is. As for the tank spawn. No you don't always spawn where the tanks are & i frequently have to either wait or drive a halftrack etc to the other spawnpoint. Besides what would be the reason not to let us choose which of the 2 tank parks we spawn in. It would also help in tactics & planning attack/defence.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Madeyes said:
It might be Lodz lol. It's a fairly new street map. It also happens in Odessa. The defending team spawn on the second floor & then have to wander down stairs & find an exit. Why? Why can't we just spawn outside to stop the waste of time 7 effort & to prevent bottlenecks in doorways.

they cant spawn outside they will get spawn killed. And you spawn on the second floor because you have to have atleasta good 18+ spawn points....

Upvote 0
LMAO dear dear me! You think i'm lazy? If i couldn't be bothered at work i'm lazy. If a can't be bothered to hoover my house i'm lazy. If i have to spend pointless time in a game that's designed for action & a minute wandering around before i even see the enemy than that not lazy guys HAHAHA. That's someone who wants to PLAY the game not look at the architecture. In a 20min game you may die over 20 times & that's a lot of walking downsatairs. I agree if there's a reason or a point to it then yes do it. Same with the tank spawns. But number one why have a 3 story building at a spawn when it can't be used in the map in any way & would be a lot better used in the playable part where the enemy doesn't blow up & when it can be fought over. And number 2 why the hell spawn on the top floor?? Go play Lodz on a 20 minute map for 3 rounds then come back & tell me how lazy i am.
Cheers for you constructive input LMAO

PS you don't spend 20 years in the British forces if your lazy hehe.

Upvote 0
Never heard of a Lodz map myself.

First of all, don't throw a tantrum at us about a map, talk to the person who designed the map. It sounds like a custom map to me.

Second of all, I've never had a problem with your tank spawning. Sometimes you do have to wait for new vehicles to reappear, because they've all been taken.

By the way, I don't see how they let you into the British forces if you can't spell "talented."

Upvote 0
Deathsai said:
Never heard of a Lodz map myself.

First of all, don't throw a tantrum at us about a map, talk to the person who designed the map. It sounds like a custom map to me.

Second of all, I've never had a problem with your tank spawning. Sometimes you do have to wait for new vehicles to reappear, because they've all been taken.

By the way, I don't see how they let you into the British forces if you can't spell "talented."

You guys are a blast.
I didn't realise i'd thrown a tantrum. I asked a legitimate question for a legitemate problem. It has nothing to do with throwing a tantrum at you. As i said in my 2nd if you read it properly instead of checking for spelling errors (bet you one of those who looks for faults in movies) it also happens on Odessa when you spawn on the second floor. You would also read that the tank problem is also because all the tanks AREN'T taken. They're at the other spawnpoint. Since no one has actually answered my question apart from the odd personal opinnions of my inteligence or my laziness i'll assume that you either have no input into the problem or just have nothing else in your life to occupy your time but inane answers on forums. (not all of you guys)
Neither points were a huge problem. Rather just an annoyance which slowed gameplay slightly & don't contribute to the overall game. To both i just wanted to know if it was possible to change the spawnpoints. But hey if you wanna have a dig then dig away chaps.

PS see if you can spot the deliberate spelling mistake ;-)
Rob

Upvote 0
Madeyes said:
You would also read that the tank problem is also because all the tanks AREN'T taken. They're at the other spawnpoint.

where you spawn is related to what objectives your team is currently holding.
if that changes and you spawn at another tank spawn, the tanks will only respawn at the new spawn point. any tanks left at the old spawn will remain there but will not respawn anymore if they are used and destroyed.

so any tanks left at another spawnpoint are left overs basicly, its not a chronic problem.
so while you could say there are tanks left at the other spawnpoint that would be strechting the truth a bit.

the amount of tanks available at a serten spawnpoint is carefully adjusted depending on the map and a mappers design choice.
basicly you'll have to live with it.

Upvote 0
The reason you don't spawn closer to the action is to make you play more carefully because you know you're gonna take a while to get back into a fight. This helps prevent people wasting reinforcements and gives the enemy an advantage for killing you. What would you rather have waiting 5 secs to spawn then take 20 secs to run near the action or wait 25 secs to spawn but spawn near a cap zone? You could spawn after 0 secs and your soldier would have to finish taking a dump and it would have the same effect :D

Upvote 0