• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

quality servers

maldoror

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 15, 2006
Alright I was just wanting some suggestions for quality servers... quality being good players and well-performing servers. I know that the RO community is small, so a server filled will top performing players will be hard to come by. But I see it reasonable to ask that most of the players to convene on a server that performs well.

For instance, a lot of players go to the Hohenstaufen server... and whenever this server gets full, the pings go to poop. Why does everyone have to choose such a poor performing server?

So how about it folks. Do you know of a server that can handle a full load and still perform really well? Want to suggest one that we should all convene on? Surely if clans(cia, ss) suggest to their dudes to frequent a
single particular server that performs well, then others will notice a good number of people joining it and go there instead of hohenstaufen.

And if i get to be picky, i would suggest servers with maps that last only best of 3, no bots (read: tank theieves), and a map voting system that won't let you choose the same map for another 3 or 4 map changes (if that's possible)

Also, I live in texas so i should be easy to please with pings.

annnnd i know this is out of place, but i did a bunch of the .ini tweaks and now i don't immediately see pings and #players in the Steam server list, so i had to install x-fire. any suggestions on how to fix this?

thanks!

-major stinkus

[5.SS] Hirner said:
The [5.SS] Tactical Realism Server runs the original and up to date custom maps. But we also love the realism. So come check us out. Server is usually full every night. I only play on our server now. But have played on 7GA and 11.SS and have to say that they both good too.

5.SS has the best teamwork of any server I've played on.

Upvote 0
Try out 2manny server Thats normaly fairly active and i have only seen it lag twice normaly dosnt lag at all even with 32 players. and theres a lot of regular players that are fairly skilled. You cant vote for the same map for like 7 or 8 rounds after playing it. Its basicly my fav server. After that you might want to try the RtR servers They normaly seem to be pretty lag free. But yeah i agree i dont know why some servers are popular Been on a few that are normaly pretty active that fill up and lag bad all the time. I really feel sorry for the people that pay to rent these servers and pay for 32 players and have it lag after 30 people join. But every server will lag from time to time no matter how good it is. It could be something as simple as a storm messing with the servers isp causing all the pings to shoot up some. Never know it might even be someone at the server farm that realized he could use the bandwidth to download the latest sheep gone wild movie. Basicly if a server starts to lag just leave it and find a diffrent server. If that server lags too often dont play on it.

Upvote 0
rgn_svr_logo.png
216.85.162.76:7757

24hours 7days

Give us a try, we are there for you.

Upvote 0