• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Invasion of Holland modification

Interesting idea...actually, we haven't seen the Netherlands so often in computergames.
But as already said: Could be a bit short for a whole mod...5 days...but, sorry, wasn't it beaten in 3 days? That's what I heard from a teacher before we were in the netherlands on a school trip(he told us never to show young guys a three there - someone got beaten up for this, not knowing that they understood it as a sign of their defeat...).

Upvote 0
Richard_B. said:
Interesting idea...actually, we haven't seen the Netherlands so often in computergames.
But as already said: Could be a bit short for a whole mod...5 days...but, sorry, wasn't it beaten in 3 days? That's what I heard from a teacher before we were in the netherlands on a school trip(he told us never to show young guys a three there - someone got beaten up for this, not knowing that they understood it as a sign of their defeat...).
5 days, actually 15 days. :)
-=OTR=-Pfc.Jackson said:
Um, this is a multiplayer game, so the length of the campaign doesn't really matter.
Jep. :)

Upvote 0
Nyu said:
I agree with Hobo on that one. A combination of France, Holland, Belgium, Germany, and Britain in a 1940 Western Front mod would rock eventhough it all only lasted a little over a month.

I really dont understand "it only lasted 1 day, blabla" in what way does it ****ing matter???? I don't understand how it affects the game it could be, it's not like it's going to be a epic single player game, it's a MP with a couple of maps set in western europe, (and there's alot too doo!!!)

:D :D :D :D sorry...

Upvote 0
myzko said:
I really dont understand "it only lasted 1 day, blabla" in what way does it ****ing matter???? I don't understand how it affects the game it could be, it's not like it's going to be a epic single player game, it's a MP with a couple of maps set in western europe, (and there's alot too doo!!!)

:D :D :D :D sorry...
Amen. :cool:

Upvote 0
I know practically nothing on the invasion of Holland, but I know/ and people have already mentioned that it was over pretty fast just like it was with most countries in western europe in 39-40.

What about adding in some stuff based on the Dutch resistance? Like they have to destroy something... German Coms (telephone lines) perhaps? Sabotage missions.. destroying enemy supplies, you know that kind of thing. :) You could have the Germans assigned to defending something, and the resistance attacking, it could put a spin on the game (compared to other mods which all aim to fight proper battles). I've already seen destroying Flak 88s using satchels on Rakowice, so theres an easy one.

Then again this wouldn't exactly be a real battle, meh.. Just a suggestion

Upvote 0
Novogradov said:
I know practically nothing on the invasion of Holland, but I know/ and people have already mentioned that it was over pretty fast just like it was with most countries in western europe in 39-40.

What about adding in some stuff based on the Dutch resistance? Like they have to destroy something... German Coms (telephone lines) perhaps? Sabotage missions.. destroying enemy supplies, you know that kind of thing. :) You could have the Germans assigned to defending something, and the resistance attacking, it could put a spin on the game (compared to other mods which all aim to fight proper battles). I've already seen destroying Flak 88s using satchels on Rakowice, so theres an easy one.

Then again this wouldn't exactly be a real battle, meh.. Just a suggestion

Yeah, I think it would be pretty cool, some Partisans would like have a few objectives to destroy, and a german garnison unit has to defend them :)

The posibilities for any game or any scenario are endless :p

Upvote 0
I'm not sure the Resistance idea would work. The whole point of the Resistance (as opposed to Commandos or special units) was that they would for example put a bomb in a parcel and have a resistance member place it at the target and have it go off to cause maximum damage. In a game like RO, the Germans will run around massacring the Resistance on sight, whereas in reality they would not do that as they all looked like civilians. They'd also be expecting the attack, making the point of the resistance redundant.

Upvote 0
Meadow said:
I'm not sure the Resistance idea would work. The whole point of the Resistance (as opposed to Commandos or special units) was that they would for example put a bomb in a parcel and have a resistance member place it at the target and have it go off to cause maximum damage. In a game like RO, the Germans will run around massacring the Resistance on sight, whereas in reality they would not do that as they all looked like civilians. They'd also be expecting the attack, making the point of the resistance redundant.
Exactly, that's the reason why we want the Dutch Landmacht (Army) against Fallschirmj

Upvote 0