• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Binocs for snipers

shadowmoses said:
The snipers optics is powerfull enough to shoot targets at long range...But weak enough so that its still usefull at med range...
The binocs (if you take a look at em) are far more powerfull than the snipers optics.
Yeah but you're still going to have to switch to the sniper scope to shoot which means the target that looked so big in the binocs has now become 1 pixel with a 1 in 200 chance of hitting...so there's no real advantage to binocs for Sniper.

Upvote 0
The_Countess said:
i think the sniper class is to eazy allready and you should just deal with it!

i think we should give riflemen some binoc so they can spot the snipers and then take potshots at him. much more fun.
Not to mention the sniper isn't really a sniper, just a regular grunt which by coincidence is a sharpshooter, he had no sniper training... ;)

Btw, would be kickass if the binoculars have some sort of 3D rendered glass and inner body aswell! ^^

Upvote 0
shadowmoses said:
I would like to see the sniper class with Binocs.
Allowing the sniper to spot the target and then switch to his rifle.
Ofcourse he would not be given arti or way points...But more powerfull optics would greatly improve the snipers class.

this woud make sence, if snipers act and work in a 2-3 man team. Otherwise, it woud be useless, since if i pick sniper, i shot with the same time, i spoted my target.

Upvote 0