• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Hill_Flak_B8

After playing this map for about 8 times now (2 rounds each) the axis ALWAYS run out of reinforcement with a full map.

i think just giving the axis some more reinf or substracting 30% of the allied reinf will make it alot better.

I do think the bunker should be made a bit easier for the axis now they can always cap it because the axis are out of reinf. But otherwise its really easy to defend and hard to attack. You really see that slowly the front changes on this map the axis get pushed back and once the allies start reaching the first line of sandbags the guns will start exploding. (maybe after destroying the 3 guns give the allies a new respawn so attacking the bunker is easier?

Upvote 0
Played the map a couple of times by now, I really like the long distance fights you get there. Taking cover under the leaves of the trees etc.
But all in all the map just looks rather plain and empty. Maybe add grass and other vegetation which can be used as cover, similiar to Basovka.
That would allow a slow approaching by crawling too, trying to sneak somewhere, what is currently nearly impossible since you are spotted so easily.

Upvote 0
Divinehammer said:
what servers is this being played on I cannot find one with a lot of people I saw 5.ss but it had 1 last night. any help is appreciated. What about adding a halftrack?

We have it on our server, [5.SS] Tactical Realism, and we have the final version, and a bunch of other custom maps and the TW ones, nowadays we get the server fully populated easily. So come on to enjoy a fight with all maps.

Upvote 0
yeah the map is just about right. It takes a while for the Russians to get up the hill, but they get there. The map is ALWAYS a true hard core fight to the death.

I don't think the map needs grass to be added, there is plenty of trees and cover as is. Besides grass doesn't work against elevated opposition, you will be crawling around thinking your safe, but the guys above can see down through the gaps in the grass, it really isn't hard.

Upvote 0
little details such as boots in a closet are good. A map isn't neccessary. Considering most soldiers didn't have one, and the map is simple as a carrot, I don't think he should waste his time putting one in if he doesn't want to. But I won't complain if he does, I'm just stating its not neccessary.

Hey perhaps you could make this map except have it raining and make the slopes slippery (if that is possible) to simulate mud. Can you say hamburger hill?

Upvote 0