• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ju87 Stuka strikes

myzko said:
lol, Stukas suck in dog fights :D

They just come and drop their bombs, then fly away, they only dog fight to save themselfs!

24Ju87.jpg
Err this is the Ju-87 G-2 "Panzerknacker" or "Kanonenvogel" tankhunter fitted with 3.7cm Flak-18 guns right? :D

Upvote 0
kempe said:
its be cool if they had dogfights overhead, with a chance of crashing on you haha

yeah, and with on call sturmoviks, how cool would it be to have a map like sevestapol (sp?) with them in it. Maybe have the russians at a disadvantage and give them sturmoviks and the russians superior arms?

Like, you step out of a bunker and into a trenchand peer over the side *you're russian* when you hear an airplane close by. All of a sudden a Tiger II appears on top of a hill in the map. You run and get on the horn to the waiting sturmoviks orbiting the battle and ask them for support. They give you an ETA (10 sec, etc) when an extremely loud woosh combined with the roar of her motor streaks past barely 20 feet above your head going 250mph and releases a 250 kg bomb onto the Tiger II that has been mowing down your troops.

(insert russian *urrrraaahhhh* as they charge the germans who are falling back!)

Upvote 0
Russkie11 said:
yeah, and with on call sturmoviks, how cool would it be to have a map like sevestapol (sp?) with them in it. Maybe have the russians at a disadvantage and give them sturmoviks and the russians superior arms?

Like, you step out of a bunker and into a trenchand peer over the side *you're russian* when you hear an airplane close by. All of a sudden a Tiger II appears on top of a hill in the map. You run and get on the horn to the waiting sturmoviks orbiting the battle and ask them for support. They give you an ETA (10 sec, etc) when an extremely loud woosh combined with the roar of her motor streaks past barely 20 feet above your head going 250mph and releases a 250 kg bomb onto the Tiger II that has been mowing down your troops.

(insert russian *urrrraaahhhh* as they charge the germans who are falling back!)

Sounds great for an action movie, but has little to do with reality.

Upvote 0
kabex said:
I don't think your normal Sturmovik bomb can do anything to a tiger2. Maybe a super heavy one can disable it, or if it's a direct hit on the top of the turret, hmm not likely.

Late in the war it was hard to destroy tanks with bombers, the Stuka with the big guns was quite efficient though.
Well I've seen a T-72 being blown up by a 100kg bomb... I would imagine 250kg+ would be more than fatal for a K

Upvote 0
WickedPenguin said:
Remember this from the mod days?

Sorry, but every time someone says "Wouldn't it be breat if there were working fighter bombers in this game?" I have to drop my first map in the thread. It just applies.

God what a freaking nightmare that was to make, since UE2.5 doesn't support 1-way movers.

Aksay_b4-0.jpg

But we all loved it, WP... and laughed at it when they flew by backwards... :D ;)

Upvote 0
Moz said:
Stukas were slow garbage trucks of the sky. The thing they were best at was falling out of it, whether on attack or being smoked by anything with a gun on it.

I'm not sure where you got that point of view. The Stuka was a bit underpowered, especially in early versions, and it wasn't the flying tank that the Shturmovik was, but it was effective when given adequate fighter cover.

Upvote 0
Velcro Warrior said:
Makes me want to play the Close Combat series again... which is what I'm assuming it is...

its not Close combat...close combat is real time, not turn based

i would love to see them implemented...and for specialty....on tank only maps...add them so they can do strikes on enemy armor...like call down coordiantes ona certain area...stukas come in and attack tanks in that general area

Upvote 0
kabex said:
I don't think your normal Sturmovik bomb can do anything to a tiger2. Maybe a super heavy one can disable it, or if it's a direct hit on the top of the turret, hmm not likely.

Late in the war it was hard to destroy tanks with bombers, the Stuka with the big guns was quite efficient though.

I'd have to disagree, even the FAB-50 was found more than plenty for a tank throughout the war, and the IL-2 where usually carrying FAB-100's or FAB-250's (even the SU-25 Frogfoot carried them with great success), aswell as having rockets ranging from the RS-82 to the M-13, not to mention the 37mm cannons on the 3M model (which definately outclassed the Stuka G-2).

The IL-2 is definately the best tank buster of the war.

Upvote 0