• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Get a headset!

Get a headset!

• Total voters

Diamond

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 17, 2006
Netherlands
Just a thing that has been on my mind for a while.

If you're playing RO without the ability to talk to other players you're missing out on a great deal in teamplay. When you don't have a microphone you can't warn people quick enough, you can't effectively lead your team, you can't communicate efficiently with each other!

So to all you out there without a headset, go out and get one now. You're really missing out on something great without one.

Only problem with comminicating via headset is it assumes everyone can hear you. Often my volume is quite low, to not disturb anyone else in the house with the sound of explosions and then it makes it really hard to understand people, especially (no offense) Amermicans, whose accents I just can't grasp.

Most of the time I use my headset in RO it's to talk to my mate over skype whilst we team up in a tank.

Upvote 0
I do have a headset with mic, but people can never understand me over VOIP, and its not because my english is bad, apparently the sound gets all warped for some reason..

A freind of mine has the exact same headset and it works fine in RO, and mine works fine when im using Team-Speak with him, so that shoulden't be it.

I hope the Dev's can improove a bit on VOIP, that'd be nice.

Upvote 0