• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Alternatives to cigarettes?

Guys, i know smoking is fun, i did it for 18 years, yes including the stuff you can't buy at the gas station. One day i thought it was enough and guess what: it actually feels pretty good.

I do not want to sound like a preacher (Hell, that would be kinda goofy), but try it, you feel way better.

I guess you care like hell ;)

Upvote 0
[RO]schneidzekk said:
Guys, i know smoking is fun, i did it for 18 years, yes including the stuff you can't buy at the gas station. One day i thought it was enough and guess what: it actually feels pretty good.

I do not want to sound like a preacher (Hell, that would be kinda goofy), but try it, you feel way better.

I guess you care like hell ;)

i had given up for 2 years untill i discovered Konigsplatz full strenth. the stress i was put under, i was grabbing for anything nicotine to sooth my nerves. so devs its your fault i have succumbed to the evil weed again;) you should have made a tame game i will never forgive you:D:rolleyes: :D

Upvote 0
Bauer said:
That's the beauty about cigars... They're definitely something you cannot simply chainsmoke. I enjoy 1 every 2-3 months and on special occasions, with a good glass of rum.

I'm basically in the same boat you are here.. an occasional/rare cigar and that's about it.. I did smoke Cigar-ettes briefly while in, and just after High School. Never liked them things much....

With good self-rolled cigarettes/ good cigars / good pipe tabbacy, you probably get a cleaner tobacco.. not as much tar, etc.. in it.. but don't fool yourself.. if you switch to regularly smoking cigars or a pipe, you'll just trade lung cancer for throat and mouth cancer....

PS:
(OMG fresh rolled cubans are awesome btw.. stupid US Embargo :/

Upvote 0
UncleDrax said:
With good self-rolled cigarettes/ good cigars / good pipe tabbacy, you probably get a cleaner tobacco.. not as much tar, etc.. in it.. but don't fool yourself.. if you switch to regularly smoking cigars or a pipe, you'll just trade lung cancer for throat and mouth cancer....

I'm well aware of the risks... although, in such small quantities, they're fine... same as with alcohol in my case, I don't drink/smoke to get a fix, but rather to enjoy it.

And besides... I ride and race motorcycles and rock climb. I figure the risk of getting killed by my favourite hobbies is much higher than smoking the occasional cigar.

Upvote 0
snake byte.. said:
is it true about freshly rolled cubans, they are rolled between the thighs of young highly skilled cubanettes;) cough! cough!

Well, I was in Cuba last November and I have to say the girls were top notch... I haven't seen any with cigars between their thighs, but I'll look closer next time I'm there. :p

P.S. I have to say, while in Cuba, I understood for the first time why there are some many songs about mulatas.

Upvote 0
I smoked (various brands and herbs) for 30 years. In that time I attempted to quit twice. Once I was successful for 9 months. I didn't succeed the second try. I swore I wouldn't torture myself like that again until I was 100% sure I was mentally ready to quit. I quit cold turkey the first time and tried the patch the second time.

Third time was the charm. I've been nicotine free for 3 years now. And can say with some degree of certainty that I'll not smoke another cigarette.

My secret? Sunflower seeds. Now I just have to un-addict myself from those darn things. :mad: (I put on about 25 pounds, too.)

Floyd

Upvote 0