• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design What Is Your Favorite Kind Of Infantry Map?

What Is Your Favorite Kind Of Infantry Map?

• Wide Open...Grassy plains, hills, and a nice view distance.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • Urban...Close combat with streets and buildings.

Votes: 32 42.1%
  • Dark...Night time with low visibility where I can suprise.

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Forest...Trees and brush.

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • Im more of a tank person

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Other (Something not listed? Post it!)

Votes: 6 7.9%

• Total voters
Urban...Close combat with streets and buildings.

I actually miss certain aspects of Danzig and Berlin..certain aspects as in the overall feel of being involved in an overcast, scrapped/bombed out city with various extensively damaged buildings providing numerous possibilities for cover and ambush.

I always enjoyed the basic structure of Berlin, if only it were a little bit larger.
Danzig was cool and a really neat looking map, but the nade ala spawn got sorta old.

Anyways..

Upvote 0
Moriarty said:
Urban...Close combat with streets and buildings.

I actually miss certain aspects of Danzig and Berlin..certain aspects as in the overall feel of being involved in an overcast, scrapped/bombed out city with various extensively damaged buildings providing numerous possibilities for cover and ambush.

I always enjoyed the basic structure of Berlin, if only it were a little bit larger.
Danzig was cool and a really neat looking map, but the nade ala spawn got sorta old.

Anyways..

Berlin was a classic...
But Danzig was my favorite map...I hope someone gets a hold of the creatr and gets that map back into the Map Rotation

Upvote 0
I personally want a variation of levels... when every level is close combat urban style, it gets old.. similarly, if every level is a field with 4 treess.. that gets old..

So I really like it when there is a variation.
Also. I tend to perfer realistic-ish levels... when a level is detailed well and makes be believe that this is a battlefield (or a former busy street or a budding village), it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling :)

Upvote 0
UncleDrax said:
I personally want a variation of levels... when every level is close combat urban style, it gets old.. similarly, if every level is a field with 4 treess.. that gets old..

So I really like it when there is a variation.
Also. I tend to perfer realistic-ish levels... when a level is detailed well and makes be believe that this is a battlefield (or a former busy street or a budding village), it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling :)
Agreed...
I love maps that give you a variation...
And i completely agree with you on detail.
Theres just something about seeing cig butts on the ground or a can of beans or a jacket hung up on the wall that really puts me 'in the game'.

Upvote 0
I voted for forests. There's just nothing better than playing in a realistic forest. You can set up ambushes and all that stuff. When I'm at my grandmothers place in lower austria and am going into a forest, I also kinda get that fuzzy feeling and imagine beeing a german soldier and setting up an ambush on americans/russians ... dunno, I just love forests :p ... There's gotta be some mountain/alps(though that wouldnt really be possible with russians) map, with nice mountains and little forests here and there and a brook(so you can here the water) ... a bit like Alps1 in Hidden & Dangerous 2 ... Beautiful :D

Upvote 0