• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tanks or Infantry?

Tanks or Infantry?

• I mainly play Tank maps

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I mainly play Infantry maps

Votes: 48 39.7%
  • I like a mixture

Votes: 64 52.9%

• Total voters

Johnny555

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 25, 2006
Lancaster UK
I have been playing RO for a few weeks now. I have played all the original maps many times over. And I know what I do and don't like.

I now tend to play the tank maps mostly. If the map changes to an infantry one, I usually go back to the menu and try to find a tank map. Unless there is a good group of people playing, who are using good team tactics and voice comms. In which case I will stay.

So what do you lot do?

I like the maps that are based more towards infantry but have 1 or 2 tanks on the map. Such as Rakowice or Hedgehog. Those are the maps I like. On maps focused more toward tanks, I tend to choose infantry more such as AT infantry. I don't really like tank battles a whole lot.

That might change once they fix the tanks.

Upvote 0
I prefer infantry only maps, but also enjoy combined arms maps (konigsplatz, rakowice, hedgehog). I think the infantry game is much more developed and sophisticated than the tank system. The infantry/CA maps also look much better.

Playing tanks maps reminds me too much of BF1942, and that's a bad thing.

Upvote 0
As I write, almost double the number of people who prefer infantry, with 25 who like a mixture. Pretty much as I expected (with a few more mixtures than I thought).

I hated the tanks when I first played RO. They felt odd. Having come from BF2 with it's oh so easy tank controls. I used to die a lot and hardly scratched the paint on the enemies tank.

But now I know how to angle my armour and where to hit my opponent, I am living a lot longer and enjoying myself immensley in the process.

I am not so keen on the maps like Konigs or Rakowice, that only employ small numbers of tanks. Because if I don't spawn quickly enough, then I miss getting one. Then I find myself grinding my teeth when some total noob drives the precious beast headlong into disaster, or just sits back and shoots five miles over its intended target (time after time).

I do admire the infantry combat in RO. It just feels so right. Even compared to the best of the rest.
But I'm a tank man now, and totally addicted.

After the patch, I'm going to need rehab to stop playing this game :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Johnny555 said:
As I write, almost double the number of people who prefer infantry, with 25 who like a mixture. Pretty much as I expected (with a few more mixtures than I thought).

I hated the tanks when I first played RO. They felt odd. Having come from BF2 with it's oh so easy tank controls. I used to die a lot and hardly scratched the paint on the enemies tank.

But now I know how to angle my armour and where to hit my opponent, I am living a lot longer and enjoying myself immensley in the process.

I am not so keen on the maps like Konigs or Rakowice, that only employ small numbers of tanks. Because if I don't spawn quickly enough, then I miss getting one. Then I find myself grinding my teeth when some total noob drives the precious beast headlong into disaster, or just sits back and shoots five miles over its intended target (time after time).

I do admire the infantry combat in RO. It just feels so right. Even compared to the best of the rest.
But I'm a tank man now, and totally addicted.

After the patch, I'm going to need rehab to stop playing this game :D

Well i voted mixture but i actually prefer the tanks its just i end playing mixture of all types well because while i love tanks i also love infantry just less so.

Upvote 0