• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I Didnt Buy a Tank Sim

I Didnt Buy a Tank Sim

• Yes

Votes: 91 35.3%
  • No

Votes: 167 64.7%

• Total voters
Amerikaner said:
No, considering I dont have an option with a maximum of maybe 5 decent, populated servers to play on at any given time.

Is that the fault of the direction of the game or the fact that it isn't as mainstream as BF2, hm?

Personally I love both types of play, though I don't really like the Tank-only maps because they feel somewhat empty half the time. I prefer the CA maps because I *love* the challenge of overcoming a tank as an infantryman. Heck, that's why when you play games like CoD it's like "OMG TANK RUN" or you have to sneak up on it and take it out with a bomb, it adds challenge.

Upvote 0
I'm seeing the opposite happen in Australia, about 3 upon my last check of our 4 regular played servers have (for some retarded reason) become "tank only" maps. Effectively means there's little or no chance to play in a populated server here on Infantry maps (everytime I check everybody has stacked into a tank only server and there's not enough players to fill 2 servers), You've got tanks or Combined Arms and that's it, this eliminates the really good maps from rotation.

Boo!

Upvote 0
gonzman said:
I'm seeing the opposite happen in Australia, about 3 upon my last check of our 4 regular played servers have (for some retarded reason) become "tank only" maps. Effectively means there's little or no chance to play in a populated server here on Infantry maps (everytime I check everybody has stacked into a tank only server and there's not enough players to fill 2 servers), You've got tanks or Combined Arms and that's it, this eliminates the really good maps from rotation.

Boo!

no, silly, you have it backwards! the Tank/CA maps ARE the good maps.

carry on.

Upvote 0
Can't wait till the tanks are fixed. Then we'll start to see more one-shot penetrations hopefully, and the 'ZOMG t4nkz R ub0r LoL!' servers will go away, because it's actually hard to stay alive in the tanks :p

Dasch, AfterHourz has an infantry only server, as well as an all-maps server. Uncheck all your filters and browse through the whole list for infantry only, then add them all to your favorites. You can narrow down the list from there much easier than trying to wait for a server to get past your filters and show up in your internet list.

Upvote 0
EvilAmericanMan said:
Hah, go into a village in a tank and you'll see the infantry always win, what with the Panzerfausts unrelistically lying around for anyone to use. Russians using Panzerfausts?!

Yeah. Funny, that. See, the Germans made so damned many of the things that they would be left behind when ground had to be surrendered, and they had tons of them at various points captured. And the Russians said 'Gee, these things sure are swell. We should give them back to those delightful chaps, I'm sure they miss them. Hope they don't blow up the delivery truck!'

One half of that statement is a lie. The other is truth. Take your pick.

And yes, tanks are *extremely* vulnerable up close. That's what infantry is for, and why they need to secure that village.

Upvote 0
EvilAmericanMan said:
Hah, go into a village in a tank and you'll see the infantry always win, what with the Panzerfausts unrelistically lying around for anyone to use. Russians using Panzerfausts?!
1.jpg

This Russian soldier, named Vataman, killed 10 Germans by this Panzerfaust in a hand-to-hand fight.

Upvote 0