• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

General protection fault!

prag

Mar 17, 2006
Everytime im in game either practice or MP this keeps happening:

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 3211 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: RADEON X800 Series (6606)

History: AActor::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Baksan: Caucasus Mountains, 10th November 1942 <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Anyone got any ideas?? Cos im stummped

This may help, but it would be best to get a confirmation on this first.

In your STEAM folder, you need to delete ClientRegistry.blob

In your Red Orchestra folder, delete redorchestra.ini and user.ini

These files may have been corrupted and will be rebuilt when you start RO again. You will loose your game settings if you do this and will have to reenter them.

----------------------------

I also started getting this problem/error message recently after I installed a new processor. It turns out that it was a driver that I downloaded with the newer version of Intel Active Monitor that was causing this and some other program crashes, or crashes while the computer was just sitting there... I deleted this new version of Intel Active Monitor and updated the driver (SMBUS driver I believe????) and the problem went away.

I still have problems (only) when playing any game after about an hour I crash, but I believe that may be power supply related.....I haven't had any other problems like yours after I fixed that driver issue.

Upvote 0
I did as you suggested and with the RO and user ini and clientreg for steam and this time I got this:
Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 3211 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: RADEON X800 Series (6606)

History: ULevel::MoveActor <- PlayerController <- UObject::processEvent <- (PlayerController Entry.PlayerController, Function Engine.PlayerController.PlayerTick) <- APlayerController::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Untitled <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

No idea with this game Im having so much trouble with it its not becoming annoying.

Upvote 0
I used to get the GPF, I got myself a new VGA.... it didnt help, i got myself new RAM.... it didnt help.... i reinstalled windows.... it didnt help.... so in the end i underclocked my CPU from 200mhz FSB to 190mhz FSB.... that got rid of the GPF! In fact my PC has not crashed a single time since i underclocked it five weeks ago (on average i used to get 3 or 4 Blue screens of death per day)...... :)

I recomend you give this a shot. But dont get your hopes up it may not help at all.

Anyway good luck! :)

Upvote 0