• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Industrial map

Drecks

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 26, 2005
The Netherlands
I'm new to UnrealED and RO mapping but i'm working on a map.
I did post some questions about mapping already but i rather discover it
all by myself.

I have some screens already but the map is far from done.
The setting is industrial and it will be an infantrymap.

Still need more knowledge about lightning, fog and things to increase performance. I don't even know how to release an RO map.
Do i release the rom file only or do i need to zip it ?

rsa2.jpg

rsa3.jpg

r2.jpg

r3.jpg

r4.jpg

r5.jpg

rs9.jpg

Bad Dask. All mappers should zip the files up, but they should also put them in their proper folders starting with the RedOrchestra folder so people can just unzip to the SteamApps folder and everything will auto be placed.

Such as if you just have a map with no custom textures or meshes. Redorchestra/Maps/mapname.rom

or if you have a map with custom content

RedOrchestra/Maps/mapname.rom
RedOrchestra/textures/customtexture.utx
RedOrchestra/StaticMesh/custommesh.usomthingfile hehe

Upvote 0
Shaping up nicely..

Looks like you got all the major features down.. now you should add in the fluff to make the level pop :)

Things like foilage on the corners of structures where weeds and things tend to grow if unkempt.

In your rubble piles, add in some brick and boards.. someting ot make it really look like rubble, instead of just a pile of grey-ground

Basically once you get the level setup, see how much room you have for eyecandy and add in some :)

Outa curiousity.. what kinda of FPS and hardware you have? I'm wondering how well this will play for people on mid/lower range systems. (and don't forget your optimization if you haven't already)

Upvote 0