• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dev/Fan Feature Priority

Dev/Fan Feature Priority

• Fixed/Advanced Melee System

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • Benefits for Playing Realistically/Staying Alive

Votes: 26 16.6%
  • Fixed/Advanced Tank Simulation

Votes: 42 26.8%
  • Shouldered Gun Position

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • New Weapons

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Climbing/Mantling

Votes: 35 22.3%
  • Custom Player Model Configurations from Ingame

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • New Player Models/Uniforms

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • New Game Modes

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Other, Please Post Idea

Votes: 3 1.9%

• Total voters

Amerikaner

Nov 23, 2005
Ok I was just wondering what the dev feature priority list is. The poll is for what the fans think is most important. Please dont discuss bug fixes, optimizations, etc. Everyone knows they exist and they usually always take top priority.

---------------------------------------------------

My most wanted: New Respawn/Fear of Death (incentives to play realistically). This has been discussed basically since RO was first introduced years ago. RO has all the realistic features and all the options available to the player to have the most realistic battles possible but the players have to use those tools realistically and there has never been much of an incentive. Theres been some great ideas thrown around in the suggestions thread such as negative points for dieing, limited number of lives etc.

From my experience, the fun factor increases tenfold when playing realistically and this rarely ever happens in pub play. For example, having objectives like defending areas and not leaving and not ramboing into the open such as in Battle for Europe make for the most intense moments. You dont just run out, die, respawn, run out die, and repeat. When you value your life more the playstyle is so much more rewarding. There is no reason why this shouldnt happen in pubplay.

Last edited:
I agree with Amerikaner. The "no fear" of not dying does take away from the realistic game play. One life might work....it could even work with tanks...boy those tankers would really be more carefull then. The idea of taking points away for every life you lose is another one which people might accept more readily. Anyway, the game will remain gamey as long as you can use as many lives as you want. I don't have a good answer yet are there other ideas besides these two that Amerikaner suggested? :confused:

Upvote 0
Two things:

- More maps:
the retail set of maps is very high standard and I would love to see many more of those. Especially of the combined arms variety.

- Actions taking time:
actions like: getting in/out tanks, opening doors, picking up stuff; they should have animations and take time like reloading, instead of magically happening.

Upvote 0
The shouldered weapon feature is where you put the weapon up to your should, but don't look down the sights. Its basically a mix between the open view of hipping and increased accuracy of ironsights.

On topic though, I'd love to see climbing/mantling put ingame. Having to walk around dinky fences is annoying.

Upvote 0
[RO]schneidzekk said:
The melee system isn't broken, so it can't be fixed. It is different, adjust to your needs would be a better option.

Thats not the point. I dont believe dancing and bouncing around an opponent while having your melee attacks repeatedly miss at point blank range is the proper implementation of melee combat. Whether you call it broke, clumsy, worse than the mod etc. doesnt matter in the least.

And its not a matter of "need". RO strives for realism, this feature is far from realistic. If I wanted to go punch someone in the face, me or my opponent would connect within the first seconds of contact; our fists would not slide off each other's faces for an indefinite amount of time.

Please take criticism for what it is. Im not attacking, just pointing out a well known flawed feature.

BTW, if you really do believe I "need" melee fighting to be changed because I suck at the current system, I would absoluteley love to challenge you. Id be willing to bet If I dont win, the score would be close to a tie because the current system is very luck-based.

Last edited:
Upvote 0