• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

rifle hip shooting is too easy?

davey89

May 1, 2006
Does anyone feel like rifle hip shooting is too easy? I have been making way too many kills hipshooting IMO. Not just one or two times, but time and time again and if i do not kill i nomle hit or all most do. im taking about from about 20-25 feet or longer

Just wondering if it's something that can be addressed. I really do not like (and try not to) kill people in this way too much ait feels REALLY wrong when I do it. Maybe more sway normally and/or after running? and im ONLY taking about rifle's(i do not play uther guns if i can help it so i do not know any thing about thim rilly)

davey89

its a learned skill like in real life... the gun itself is not horribly inaccurate with its at the hip... the only disadvantage is you need to learn to guage where your gun is pointing... which as i just said is a real skill used in real life when shooting from the hip. Its perfect in this game.

PS: i have shot from the hip before and i was really surprised at how accurate i was at 25yards

Upvote 0
SingeDebile said:
its a learned skill like in real life... the gun itself is not horribly inaccurate with its at the hip... the only disadvantage is you need to learn to guage where your gun is pointing... which as i just said is a real skill used in real life when shooting from the hip. Its perfect in this game.

PS: i have shot from the hip before and i was really surprised at how accurate i was at 25yards
rilly and thats uesing like a rifle? i have naver shot a gun at all so mabey i just do not know how it rill works... the thing i do not like rilly is how u have to pont the gun... it looks rilly silly.. as the gun is ponting off to ur laft so u have to poll to ur right.. mabey that what i do not like...

con20or: yes.. but im saying i can hit just as good wath out iron sights and mach faster now... and long rang... wach looks like just somthing u have to lern... thow i still do not like it...

Upvote 0
davey89 said:
rilly and thats uesing like a rifle? i have naver shot a gun at all so mabey i just do not know how it rill works... the thing i do not like rilly is how u have to pont the gun... it looks rilly silly.. as the gun is ponting off to ur laft so u have to poll to ur right.. mabey that what i do not like...

con20or: yes.. but im saying i can hit just as good wath out iron sights and mach faster now... and long rang... wach looks like just somthing u have to lern... thow i still do not like it...

English isn't my native language myself and excuse me, I don't mean to be rude but... thats the worst english spelling I've ever encountered so far! :D

The mistakes actually remind me of the typical native-german-speaking-crappy-english-accent... are you possible german? :p

Upvote 0
IMO hip shooting is slightly harder than it needs to be, but seeing as how the OP plays with rifles exclusively, I can see why he is really good at it.
Hyperion2010
Its is fine how it is, it has the right balance of skill and randomness and is MUCH better than in the mod.
lol beta 3 + me + hipshooting = death for anybody on screen :cool:. While fun it was so broken, oh man I remember so many completely BS shots... good times... good times :D.

Upvote 0
davey89 said:
the thing i do not like rilly is how u have to pont the gun... it looks rilly silly.. as the gun is ponting off to ur laft so u have to poll to ur right.. mabey that what i do not like...

Without that, the hipshooting turns into "center of screen = POI." You might as well put crosshairs on the screen... hell, I'm sure someone would think to put a little piece of tape there.

The gun sweeping comes in really handy for hipshooting with SMGs. You can sweep a room from the hip.

Upvote 0
{YBBS}Sage said:
Without that, the hipshooting turns into "center of screen = POI." You might as well put crosshairs on the screen... hell, I'm sure someone would think to put a little piece of tape there.

The gun sweeping comes in really handy for hipshooting with SMGs. You can sweep a room from the hip.

ooo no i undersaed that! im just saying it to not fell right b/c of it....

and ramber.. im ONLY taking about rifles... SMG are tolding differnt ;)

what is "OP plays "?

Upvote 0
{YBBS}Sage said:

In the mod, it was possible to hipshoot right at the center of the screen, since the point of aim didn't change even though the gun appeared to move. Hell, if you had an nVidia card, there was an exploit you could take advantage of to get crosshairs on the screen and they worked beautifully... Not that I would know personally... Okay, I did it, but only once on a barely-populated server.:D

Upvote 0
davey89 said:
Does anyone feel like rifle hip shooting is too easy? I have been making way too many kills hipshooting IMO. Not just one or two times, but time and time again and if i do not kill i nomle hit or all most do. im taking about from about 20-25 feet or longer

Just wondering if it's something that can be addressed. I really do not like (and try not to) kill people in this way too much ait feels REALLY wrong when I do it. Maybe more sway normally and/or after running? and im ONLY taking about rifle's(i do not play uther guns if i can help it so i do not know any thing about thim rilly)

davey89

With M38 occasionally, but hitting targets <20m from hip ain't hard if you know how to handle a gun. Go to shooting range and try.

Upvote 0
davey89 said:
ooo no i undersaed that! im just saying it to not fell right b/c of it....

and ramber.. im ONLY taking about rifles... SMG are tolding differnt ;)

what is "OP plays "?

OP generally means 'Original Poster'. Thus, OP plays would be 'how the original poster plays' ;)

And yes, the free look (or whatever it is) does take getting used to, but once you're used to it other games feel so stiff and 'fake' compared :)

Upvote 0