• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Where's the Modern Combat mod that was talked about?

Piron said:
Why would I play your Italian mod? They were all cowards, only their white flag was a useful weapon. (Mind the sarcasm!)
Actually, the Italian conscripts made a habit of going gome as early as possible. Something to do with being sent to stupid places, to fight for something they had no interest in, by an annoying dictator, while being poorly led, poorly clothed, fed crap and issued with obsolete and cranky weapons. Not to mention having anything worthwhile stolen by the Germans at every available opportunity - good example, all their transport being nicked by the Germans at Alamein, so the Germans could run away quicker once the Brits/Commonwealth troops had broken through :)

Their Navy had been given nice ships - but ordered NOT to risk losing any of them...

However, their full-time professional forces were very good - just very few in number! Their artillery was renowned for being prepared to fight British tanks right up to the muzzle, seeing their guns couldn't penetrate the front of a Matilda from 2 metres away. Their Marines, Paratroopers, Alpini and Bersaglieri were all usually very high quality troops too - just short on numbers. Their armoured units had great elan - unfortunately equipped with "tanks" you could open up with a spoon.

Anyway - back on topic, please ;)

Upvote 0
Neuraxis said:
The only WW1 mod of which I know is Flanders Fields which is a Half-Life 2 mod. But there's hasen't been any updates in a long time.:(
Don't forget the released The Trenches 1.0b mod for Half-Life... ;)

The Trenches 1.1 is coming soon. ;)

I hope they will finally quit on that sucky GoldSrc-engine and hop over to Red Orchestra! :D

Upvote 0