• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fall out 3

Fallout 1 and 2 were uber games, i i'd ever put a tattoo on my skin, it will say 13.
But i'm beginning to feel dizzy already, since i know who is doing the development of Fall 3.. Maybe Oblivion is not a bad game, ok, maybe. But it's definetely not masterpiece, the NPC and their dialogues really suck hard (i hope this isn't a bad word?). If bethesda will make the plot, quests and characters of new Fall at least half as bad as they did in Oblivion, i will be in the first line of swarm, which will tear them apart...

Upvote 0
[-project.rattus-] said:
I have mixed feelings.

Somehow I fear they take the Oblivion approach: allthough a good game, it lacks the souls of the original, and is geared more towards the action than the rpg crowd.

Unfortunatly what can you expect with a dual release on the xbucket, oddly enough i thought the original lacked soul i just didnt get into it on any sort emotive level unlike baldurs gate 2 the charactor development in that was awesome.

Upvote 0
[-project.rattus-] said:
Somehow I fear they take the Oblivion approach: allthough a good game, it lacks the souls of the original, and is geared more towards the action than the rpg crowd.

Elder Scrolls I: Arena

welcome to trade off I often see in games.. gameplay < pretty. :]

One reason I don't mind games with "slightly outdated Gfx".. (Fallout (& Wasteland), Arcanum, etc..).. also they aren't afraid to be light-hearted and make you laugh. :]

Hopefully B. will keep the spirit of the orginal wastland/fallout series (and make it less like Tactics).

Upvote 0
Ska Wars said:
To be honest I'd rather just see another 2D turn based game :( But I doubt that's ever gonna happen.
I'd love a graphics style similar to Silent Storm which is quite like Fallout but in real 3D. If they make it like Oblivion, I'll cry. I don't want a big-ass sandbox to play with without a decent plot which makes you strive for the ultimate goal.

I've only completed Fallout 2 but I think it may be the best single player game ever made so far.

Upvote 0
Yer the often funny and occasionaly excellent dialouge (all that sex, drugs and violence) was by far the best part of the Fallout experience. Hopefully bethesda does it right.

Even though i really like Oblivion (crappy dialouge not withstanding) i don't want to have Fallout 3 like that. I'd like a Silent Storm style combat thing, that'd satisfy me.

Upvote 0
After playing countless hours of Wasteland :)eek: 20 years ago now...**** I'm getting old) I felt that nothing could ever live up to it. Fallout is the only game to come close. I really hope that Bethesda doesn't screw the pooch on this one...

EDIT: A search of Bethesda's site doesn't bring up anything recent about F3. The last mention seems to be in 2004. Has someone turned up more recent news?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Case said:
After playing countless hours of Wasteland :)eek: 20 years ago now...**** I'm getting old) I felt that nothing could ever live up to it. Fallout is the only game to come close. I really hope that Bethesda doesn't screw the pooch on this one...

EDIT: A search of Bethesda's site doesn't bring up anything recent about F3. The last mention seems to be in 2004. Has someone turned up more recent news?

There was poster with the PIPboy on E3...

Upvote 0
I REALLY HOPE THEY DON'T MESS IT UP, this HAS to be a RPG game I want to play... and the RPG game I want to play is like the old ones, with graphics from above, and it's mostly about the quest's and people you meet, and not so focused on all the killing, allthough there was alot of killing in Fallout :D

btw, if you havent played Arcanum, get it, it's a pwnz0r rpg game. (it has one of the best stories i've ever played, and it's replayability is awesome, I really wish I had time to play it, man, I wish Virgil, where did he go? he dessapeared for me..left me..alone..:( What the hell happened to he's brother?? someone knows that???

To bad Troika dosent exsist anymore, those that made Arcanum :[

Upvote 0
Case said:
hrm... /me feels cautious optimism welling up within my soul :rolleyes:
Found it, the only Fallout 3 appearance on E3:

1147348276827.jpg

Upvote 0
Fallout is one of the greatest games ever made. Fallout 2 is still great, but isn't anywhere near as good as the first one. Fallout Tactics is great for giving you more of the combat in the Fallout system with familiar equipment/controls/etc (as it was designed to be). These are top notch examples of games that will never get old.

If Bethesda goes the route they did with Oblivion (i.e., strip a game down to its undies to make it more 'mainstream-enjoyable') they will, sadly, join the list of companies that 'just don't get it'.

Upvote 0
Shadehunter said:
Never was fortunate to find a copy of Fallout 1, but the sequal was a great game indeed (as well as Arcanum... another great game). There was just so much in the game to discover, all the little things made it as good if not better than even Baldurs Gate.

One can only hope that Fallout 3 is at least half as good as its predecesors.

Shadehunter

At least here, you can buy Fallout compilations for less than 10 euros... conteining Fallout 1, 2 and tactics ;)

Upvote 0