• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I just bought a corvette

Eh, the '60's 'Vettes are cool looking and can have really powerful engines (L88), but their rear suspension sucks big time (snap-oversteer isn't your friend) and shifting the transmission (I refuse to believe in fast cars with automatics) is like mixing cement... with boulders in it. Speaking of the shifters, they always get out of alignment and start whacking the surround whenever you shift, unless they move more, then you can't get a gear.

His car should be faster (yes, some of the old ones like the L88 will dust him in a straight line.. but it sounds like he wants more than that, and I applaud that), and more reliable, and those add up to more fun!

Enjoy that 'Vette. I've got your back.

Upvote 0
Heh, "chunk of history" can be a fairly broad term.

Miatas are history-makers, since they've surpassed the MGB as the most-produced sports car ever. So my car's a chunk of history, right?

Some of us don't care much about driving a chunk of history, we just want to nail the gas, find a nice curve and enjoy a 4-wheel drift.

Upvote 0
Grobut said:
The Miata is definately a "chunk of history", it pretty much saved the sport-car industry, which was heading off into the super car range that nobody could ever own.

Its a nice little car, not all that fast, but lots of fun im told.

Not all that fast.. in a straight line. Get it up on a twisty mountain road, though.... I'll look around myself and not find any other cars, just a group of sport-bike guys with looks inside their helmets like "WTF!?" :cool:

Upvote 0
As light as it is, it doesn't need a whole lot of power. The acceleration numbers are pretty decent for them. SCC tested an Elise with an Integra Type-R drivetrain in it against a Mustang Cobra R, and the
ITR-powered Elise beat the muscle car in every way... including acceleration... with only 200 or so HP. Yikes.

I really want to get my mitts on an Elise and see what it's like. I've become a real fan of the "lighter is better" philosophy since getting the Miata.

Upvote 0
{YBBS}Sage said:
I've become a real fan of the "lighter is better" philosophy since getting the Miata.
Im with you on that one. All my years of riding sportbikes thaught me this too, lighter weight equalls higher corner speed. And thats where the fun really is! :)

Strother, the Cien is beautiful. But its a supercar (and a concept to top that) and will not be available to ordinary man(if ever available at all). The Elise is, as the Miata and every version of a Lotus Seven look-a-like.
Try google locust seven... :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0