• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Finding cooperative tankers more easily ingame

Punchy said:
I really don't mind if solo or TTer's is part of the game but, this game is marketed as a fps realism sim, being able to switch between tank positions instantly somewhat negates the realism aspect of using a tank, I mean even the arcade type gamestyle of CoDUO has a slight time delay in switching positions in vehicles, It's either a sim or not, which is it to be?

Hiya Punchy!!

Yeah a delay would be great but only as an option for the server admin to use or not use... here's why.

A few points, how many tanks are in a game?

So, therefore, to make a good tank battle you'd need two players per tank minimum. On average how many players are in each RO Server? If averaged - at this time, only a few which is toally inadequate for any sort of fine tuning of realistic gameplay. Admin options or not.

I'd like to see position delay and Tank Teams be available as a optional item in the .ini file so that if a server has enough players, those great new features can be enabled. For now, its really not advisable to use as it will only further serve to hamper play quality. We need more players ie; more sales.

"TT" is kinda funny to me 'cause in College we used that term for something entirely and humorously different.

In any case, I had a great weekend of RO play... we averaged 4 and 5 players per side and enjoyed RO thoroughly.

Less "hard coded controls" and more "Server Admin options" are the key to successfull online games.

Upvote 0
Punchy said:
Hello Mike:D

Having it as an admin option is probably the way to go, oh do tell about the "TT" you used at college, but I suspect it's to rude for the younger readers;)

Nah, today's standards are permissible enough for "Titty Twisters"! Man!! Did they hurt when done right!

Server Administrator Options is the only way to go to keep the game appealing to all.

Upvote 0
genghis said:
maybe u should read it, they're talkin about making it impossible to solo in a tank. that's why, please please please can people read first write second

genghis, I have read it. No need to talk that way.

The TT idea is all about putting TT in your in-game name and by that making it easier for the ones that want to teamtank to find each other.
Now, when people NOT interested came into this thread and started turning it into just one more of the - by now - countless discussions about this (you guys are beating this horse way beyond dead) then the same arguments started surfacing in this topic.
But that has nothing - absolutely nothing - to do with the TT idea.
If it was impossile to solo, why would anybody need the TT?

Upvote 0
genghis said:
maybe u should read it, they're talkin about making it impossible to solo in a tank. that's why, please please please can people read first write second

This threads subject is contained in the first post which for the record does not use the word "force" but does use "encourage". So take your own advice on that Genghis. This thread should be about the tag. I think you started somewhere in the middle when the hijacking began. People should create their own threads for widely differing topics rather than hop in a sticky.

Upvote 0
just came off a great weekend of TT action. saw alot of fellow TTers out there (Brad, UberNoob, and several others I cannot recall right now, might have been the beer on Sat ;) ).

TT actually carries a little "clout"! :) I was on the RTR server (24/7 Arad), and one of the RTR guys asked me to "get out of the tank". He was not a jerk about it, but just asked. so, I left the tank. In chat, however, I did ask "why" and also commented that the "TT tag has meaning, and a goal, etc." well, apparently the Admin talking to the team dude (must have been on their private chat server or something) and he actually apologized and said "sorry man, won't happen again", etc. pretty cool eh?

And, in perfect irony, I proceeded to team up with another RTR guy and we completely kicked ass. I think we almost ran out of ammo defending the South Field. it would have been awful if I made a stink about TT, and then played like crap! doh! thankfully, I had all my mojo with me. :D

(Austin Powers voice): "TT baby. very groovy."

Upvote 0
Heinz said:
just came off a great weekend of TT action. saw alot of fellow TTers out there (Brad, UberNoob, and several others I cannot recall right now, might have been the beer on Sat ;) ).

TT actually carries a little "clout"! :) I was on the RTR server (24/7 Arad), and one of the RTR guys asked me to "get out of the tank". He was not a jerk about it, but just asked. so, I left the tank. In chat, however, I did ask "why" and also commented that the "TT tag has meaning, and a goal, etc." well, apparently the Admin talking to the team dude (must have been on their private chat server or something) and he actually apologized and said "sorry man, won't happen again", etc. pretty cool eh?

And, in perfect irony, I proceeded to team up with another RTR guy and we completely kicked ass. I think we almost ran out of ammo defending the South Field. it would have been awful if I made a stink about TT, and then played like crap! doh! thankfully, I had all my mojo with me. :D

(Austin Powers voice): "TT baby. very groovy."

Hey I was there I play all my games as fritz and now I'm fitz[TT]. I love that server and those RTR guys are pretty cool never had a bad ezperience. If your looking for a good tanker who is very cooperative is [RTR]Sgt.voodofury. Or one of there majors something with the word red in it.

Upvote 0
Varsity said:
How about a [TT] Friends group to make organising games even easier? Hopefully it will spur TW on in implementing the system ingame too.

Edit: Well, that made a splash.
XFire maybe? BTW, I didn't want to use the [TT] tag before because I already have the [GD] tag but screw it, I've been loving team tanking as of late.

Look for me as [GD]F|Kabex[TT]

See you on the battlefield!

Upvote 0
Heinz said:
man, you are like a bad penny. jeebus. :rolleyes:

how about you start a "Selfish Solo Tankers Unite here!" thread or something equally as useless.

Solo Tankers are not selfish. They teamwork together. So take that falacy and put it where it belongs!

Let's face the facts.

What this is really all about is all the Clan members / Team stackers wanting the developers to give them an even bigger advantage online than they already have now. So who is really selfish?

Upvote 0
*sigh* Ab asino lanam
You just wont read post the way they where intended or calm down, will you, GonzoX? Can we please limit the discussion about solo tankers vs team tankers to the 50 polls and 50 other posts discussing this and let this topic be what its supposed to be. A place for team tankers to easily find each other...

To TT guys, Im running Xfire and my name is mmlazarus

Upvote 0
-MM!!-Lazarus said:
*sigh* Ab asino lanam
You just wont read post the way they where intended or calm down, will you, GonzoX? Can we please limit the discussion about solo tankers vs team tankers to the 50 polls and 50 other posts discussing this and let this topic be what its supposed to be. A place for team tankers to easily find each other...

My two cents: just ignore him and anyone else who just want to flame instead of follow the topic... :rolleyes:

On topic: GRRREEEEAAATT idea. I'm a disaster upon tracks when tanking :D, but there's no reason not to share my proved ability to always cross the way of enemy shells at the wrong time with any teammate who wishes to!!

BTW... I guess anyone who likes TT would also like teamwork when not in a tank (infantry maps or no free tanker slot or whatsoever)... guessed right or should we think about a further suffix for "teamfighters"? ;)

For TT-ers: I'm Amarok[TT] from now on :)

Upvote 0
For infantry??

For infantry??

This is really good idea! There could be some tag for infantry teamworkers too... It's hard to find anyone who want's to go cooperactive as a infantry. It's cool to move as a squad together :cool:

010.jpg
Like them

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yeh roger that, i think i heard talk of stopping it server side somewhere. and i'm here to defend solo tanking [but in a diff way to gonzo] we got a 28 player server full tonight and it became necessary to tt. it was cool. but not otherwise [lotsa noobs out there, no coms etc] i'm in there every nite so i don't wanna constantly give lessons in the middle of a full arad war. i appreciate u guys wearing your tt tags tho and we get people doing it in australia. i choose the team with less tt'ers [better for everyone]. and gonzo.... maybe time to get a new game and take a break?.

Upvote 0