• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tkers...

Arcadian

May 11, 2006
I just got this game about three days ago and up until today everythings been cool.. no real tkers & no idiots. I go into a server today and this clan called *edited by moderator* just keeps tking everyone. Finally after a while instead of banning the idiots someone turns off FF... so now the idiots are there talking a bunch of nonsense in the mics non stop.

so I leave this retarded server and go into another.. first thing i do i try a new class... it has a satchel charge. i didnt know wtf it was and i dropped one.. being from bf2 I thought it was an ammo bag... anyways it blows up me and about three other guys. I play till the end of this map.. like ten minutes at least.. round is over, and I get kicked out and it says 'you have been banned... blah blah contact so & so if you think you should not be banned.

so I contact the guy and he says 'tough sh**'

awesome day today... i accidentaly kill some people and I get banned, while the idiots in the other server dont get banned for tking on purpose.

Just play on the 5th SS server, we don't stand for nonsense but we know accidents when we see them. For some good servers check the squad/clan discussion thread and go to the realism clan sticky, as to my knowledge those squads run good servers, try not to join servers with questionable names or backgrounds or servers that you havn't heard of and stick with the servers that you see on this forum.

Upvote 0
Rrralphster said:
There are a lot fo servers with good admins.

Dude... You're hallucinating, huh?...

Honestly, I've never seen an admin on any game do a single useful thing. I swear to god I'm not kidding. I did, however, get banned from the Core server in the RO mod version. We had a relentless teamkiller go on a rampage for the better part of an hour. Half of our team had negative score from revenge-killing the little dweeb. So after awhile, the teamkilling player started stealing other players' names to keep from getting revenge killed. When the admin finally showed up the teamkiller had a slightly modified version of my name, which led to me getting banned... Thanks, man... I didn't appeal the ban because I was so annoyed at the admin that I didn't want to play on his server again anyway.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Protection against abusive players has to be built in to the game and should not be left up to the discretion of server admins.

Upvote 0
Oleg said:
Did you apologize to team mates after you blew them with a satchel?

I see very often there are NO apologies for accidental TK's - I dont know if they are just being punks or dont know the common courtesy here or maybe if they are new, they dont know how to use chat.

On the good side - I havent seen that many serial TK'ers like I thought would have when went retail.

Now I thought in the MOD a 'NP' response would 'forgive' the TKer and negate the count against them for FF limits? Not true?

Upvote 0
trench said:
I see very often there are NO apologies for accidental TK's - I dont know if they are just being punks or dont know the common courtesy here or maybe if they are new, they dont know how to use chat.

On the good side - I havent seen that many serial TK'ers like I thought would have when went retail.

Now I thought in the MOD a 'NP' response would 'forgive' the TKer and negate the count against them for FF limits? Not true?

Nope, that's only when the mod uses the "TKMutator". And also then, you still get the minus points, but the kill is not counted towards the kick/ban limit, if forgiven

Upvote 0
only thing is its hard to tell what is an accident and what is not. one good way though is not allow tking in a spawn... thats where a lot of it happens.

i think the best approach is like in Americas Army where you tk two people you get sent to jail and make them listen to bad music. I did this in a mod I made, you got sent to jail and you had to wait a while to respawn. even better put the jail in the map like we did so you can go and harrass them.

Upvote 0
I just want to see a version of the TKmutator implemented into Roost as standard. It was the best part of the mod and it wasn't even official. Since Roost, no-one's got it, so TK'ers run rampant. What's worse is that the regular tk-kick is still bugged, that last patch didn't fix it, so people still get kicked for one tk while others happily rack em up.

Upvote 0