• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tank Delay Seat Change Poll

Tank Delay Seat Change Poll

• Total voters
U3BAPuHCKUU*_4yBAK said:
IMHO, need add to ability to select position in tank / Car BEFORE entering (like in OFP) . When you near Vehicle, menu appears (like voice ommands) and you can select, where to seat (Driver / Gunner / Machinegunner) . It would be useful in SU-76 and BA-64, when u cannot change seats between driver and gunner before leaving vehicle.

Good thinking. That is also a very good option to my opinion.

Upvote 0
Tak said:
Gonz, seriously. Let it die and quit whining. If you're THAT offended by what the devs do to their game, don't play it. Please, by all means, feel free to leave the servers, these forums, and anything else associated with RO.​

Nope, sorry ain't gonna happen.

And here is the real deal:

You may get switch seat delay but you will not get forced tank crews. Just ain't gonna happen.

So feel free to stop playing ROOST if that offends you.

Upvote 0
GonzoX said:
Feel free to start your own poll. And we will see how unbiased that will be.
I did, didn't I? It's the "exodus" poll if you didn't find it yet.
And biased would be if it had one-sided options. And all the options were there. Yes, No, Maybe and other.
How unbiased can you make it?
You really start to ridicule yourself now...

Upvote 0
GonzoX said:
Nope, sorry ain't gonna happen.

And here is the real deal:

You may get switch seat delay but you will not get forced tank crews. Just ain't gonna happen.

So feel free to stop playing ROOST if that offends you.

Good. I never wanted forced tank crews, at all. I'm not sure where you got the impession. As such, I shall continue to be another Son of Russia in the defense of the Motherland :D

Upvote 0
I'd even like a mode where one player = one tank, since the game simulates everything we have already why not just simulate 1 person under the control of both driver and the gunner at the same time, an extra player can get in to do the MGing if they wished.

More time spent working with more tanks, and less time spent trying to get orders across to your occasionaly deaf/cant read vehicle text driver or gunner.

Meh, despite being as unrealistic as anything one thing about BF2 I really like is the simplicity of their tanks, the tanks them selves might not be realistic but it's easy enough for one person to contol a tank in that game, just move with the keyboard and do the turret aiming with the mouse.

Imagine a 15v15 tank battle, as in 15 tanks per side, that could be alot more intense, all with the ability to move and aim and do all the things real tank crews can do, at the same time. It's not possible to perfect this with the current communication gap between driver and gunner.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Murphy said:
It is bad for the gameplay AND bad for the realism.

Bad for gameplay? If I were forced/coerced into taking the majority of retards that play this game on as a crew member, I would no longer play the game. That seems to speak of bad gameplay. Realism? Do you seriously believe that switching between positions in the tank is actually meant to simulate the crew member moving from one part of the tank to another in the middle of a battle. It's not. That's absurd. If a human player takes a tank solo, they are forced to play the roles of multiple crew members simultaneously, and of course this is impossible. No one human player can simultaneously operate two positions to the same level of effectiveness as two human players of equivalent skill.

Just be honest: what people are asking for here is a built-in advantage for clan/squad players, nothing more.

Switching between seats has NOTHING to do with realism. If realism were the primary factor, then switching seats would not be allowed at all and players would be forced to take-on all 4- 5 crew members, including a human player that would do NOTHING but load the gun. This would kill gameplay.

Upvote 0
akd said:
Just be honest: what people are asking for here is a built-in advantage for clan/squad players, nothing more.

Switching between seats has NOTHING to do with realism. If realism were the primary factor, then switching seats would not be allowed at all and players would be forced to take-on all 4- 5 crew members, including a human player that would do NOTHING but load the gun. This would kill gameplay.

You seem to be thinking in the same way I do. I'm a fan of realism, but things don't have to be pushed out so far that every single station of every vehicle must be manned by a human player at the same time to work properly, there's no harm in having players switch between simulated crew positions or even having control over both at the same time.

Upvote 0
Rrralphster said:
I did, didn't I? It's the "exodus" poll if you didn't find it yet.
And biased would be if it had one-sided options. And all the options were there. Yes, No, Maybe and other.
How unbiased can you make it?
You really start to ridicule yourself now...

You started this whole thing with your biased poll. I did the same exact thing and now your panties are all riled up about it.

Deal with it.

Upvote 0
akd said:
Bad for gameplay? If I were forced/coerced into taking the majority of retards that play this game on as a crew member, I would no longer play the game.
Look the majourity just want to see a delay brought in thats it, we dont want to force anything and btw dont call everyone a retard have a bit of patience with other people who may not have your godlike:rolleyes: tanking skills you never know you might actually find the experience rewarding.

Upvote 0
GonzoX said:
You started this whole thing with your biased poll. I did the same exact thing and now your panties are all riled up about it.

Deal with it.

It was an open poll. I didn't even mention locking or hardcoding. I was talking about an incentive (you understand the word incentive, right?)

The options of a biased poll would be:
No
No way
No way in hell
No, f**k no

I even gave the option to answer in a totally open way.

I think you say it is biased because I ask a question about something you speculated on. I was just trying to find out if you were right.

If you have another idea about what biased means then try to explain what you mean by it.

Oh, and another thing. Why did you need to create 2 extra polls about almost the same subject? Because it didn't turn out you are right?
Oh wait a minute, mine was biased... :cool:

Upvote 0