• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Known RO:O Errors/problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yoshiro said:
Error: PreCondition Assertion Failed
---------------------------
Name: ValidPositiveOffset
Program: C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe
File: Src\SplitPath.cpp
Line: 310
( !(nCharsToMove >= 0) || (m_uLocalPathOffset+static_cast<uint>(nCharsToMove) <= m_sPath.length()) )
(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT debugging must be enabled)

Fix: We are working on this issue now.

You've been working on it for one and a half months now. First patch, nothing. Is it being fixed in the next patch or what?

Upvote 0
Just this week I have been receiving the Pre Condition error (which crashes steam, but alows RO:O to run.)
I still need to restart steam to connect to any server, but oddly enough, Karma physics seem to be disabled when I play... just plain weird.

This began after I installed the SDK (have not tried to do a full reinstall yet... )

But other than that, nothing else has changed in my system, and it ran fine before then...

Running winxp pro s2, amd athlon 64 3500 2 gig of ram.
Added the dump file's I have so far.

Shadehunter

Attachments

• steam_dump.zip
    89.7 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I started getting the precondition failed error maybe 2 weeks after I installed and started playing the game. Then I did what someone on here suggested and simply temporarily disabled Norton Antivirus, and now I also disable the Internet protection (which is ****ING DANGEROUS), and the game would run. Starting about a week ago I started getting the error again even when I turned off Antivirus & etc. Sometimes I can get the game to play by clicking ignore...it looks like it wont load, and then RO pops up from nowhere in a smaller mode, and you simply resize it to fullscreen and play. Unfortunately clicking ignore seems to only work like 30% of the time at best now. So now I bascially can't play the game. Thanks for the fix TripWarez. ;)

Upvote 0
Maleko said:
I uninstalled Norton 2006 and it got rid of this error!

BUT, only to face another one!!!

cplus.jpg

When i click to load the game, it has the splash screen for a bit, then this and closes...tried re-validating etc....no luck :(

I get this error now, out of the blue!!! i have been gaming RO:O for over a 100 hours now. I have changed nothing, and now get that exact error screen. this is some bizarre shiz-nit. very frustrating.

Upvote 0
I had installed the SDK Beta, ran it ... a number of times since it came out - perhaps as often as three times a week, working on the basic tutorial (and it was going fine thanks!) - but last night I had an RO:O game program freeze in mid-game, which I got out of and rebooted and game ran fine. Then today, I got the cannot connect with a server .. no message, just a lock up up to 10 minutes in length (that's all I had the patience to wait for), requiring a power down reboot.

I fixed it with the suggestions previously posted of deleting the SDK and followed that method. Now the game works fine, but I have no SDK. :(

I know it's a beta; I'm not mad just frustrated a bit is all. Here are my computer specs:

CPU: P4, 3.0 GhZ
RAM: 1024 MB, dual channel
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce FX5200, 128 MB VRAM
SOUND: Built-In on MB
DISPLAY: 17" Phillips
HD: 80 GB Western.

Sure hope you developers get that fixed, because the SDK is straight-forward and easy to learn with the tutorials and by looking into the game maps already in RO:O. I really want to make some mods for the game. Please fix that soonest! :)

Upvote 0
Been playing R.O. since it was released with little problem at the start and none since untill a couple of days ago, "Practice" mode works O.K. but am unable to connect to ANY multi player server, have tried just about all, deleted local content, veryfied etc and still no joy. My error message::

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 3595 MHz with 1022MB RAM
Video: RADEON X600 256MB HyperMemory (6561)

ReadFile failed: Count=0 BufferCount=169 Error=A device attached to the system is not functioning.

History: LoadObject <- (Class ROInterface.RONetworkStatusMessage 135869==135869/786660 135869 169) <- ULinkerLoad::preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Core.Class ROInterface.RONetworkStatusMessage NULL) <- UObject::processEvent <- (PlayerController Entry.PlayerController, Function Engine.PlayerController.ProgressCommand) <- UGameEngine::SetProgress <- PendingFailed <- TickPending <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Untitled <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Haven't seen this on here yet. Any ideas anyone?

Upvote 0
Problem Connecting to Online Games

Problem Connecting to Online Games

I have had RO since it came out. But i just started to have a problem. I resently updated My sound drivers and then every time i tried to launch RO my comp. crashed. I fixed that problem by deleteing my game from my computer and reinstalling it. But now when i try to connect to a multiplayer server it freezes at the Connecting(press F10 to cancel) screen. If anyone knows how to fix this or can refer me to a post where it has already been fix please PM me or reply. I really enjoy this game and i would like to continue to play it.

Upvote 0
Yeah ive been getting basically the same thing as Trenchfoot. My game will say "Connecting" but it wont ever connect. Then i end the process and this is the Error message that comes up:

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2405 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: RADEON 9600 SERIES (6587)

ReadFile failed: Count=0 BufferCount=846 Error=A device attached to the system is not functioning.

History: ULinkerLoad::Serialize <- FCompactIndex<< <- TArray<< <- TLazyArray::Load <- FStaticLightMapTexture::GetTextureData <- FD3D9Texture::Cache <- FD3D9RenderInterface::CacheTexture <- FD3D9RenderInterface::EnableLighting <- FBspDrawList::Render <- RenderLevel <- Entry.myLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine:: Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Untitled <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

A PM would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My anti-virus is now gone, I am really desperate to get this damn R.O. running again. I have now uninstalled systemsuite 6 which is made/sold by vcom. It has alot of gui for editing registry links. I like it better than Norton. Anyway, I have been deleting various recommended files for the last 36 hours and I just got a different error. I thought I had finally beat the G.D. runtime error but now I get : Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]
CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2413 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: No Video
Direct3DCreate8 failed.
History: CreateDirect3D <- UD3D9RenderDevice::Init <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

I don't think the no video is it?? I have an Invidia quadro 3450 with the latest 84.26 driver from invidia's site.??? It's seems to be fine other than a few installs ago I had some letters/fonts disengrating???
PLEASE HELP AS I AM GETTING CLOSE TO THE EDGE!!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.