• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design RO-POW_Train_Escape: Ostfront Edition - BETA release

Paulski said:
thats not the problem I think hes trying to get at...

I think what he ment was..

in the voting menu on a server, you wont see the selection to vote for a map unless you have that map installed.... as in, unless you have those maps, you wont see any custom maps a server might have, nor will you be able to vote for them.
I understand the problem. I'm just wondering if adding the .ucl file has anything to do with the map vote recognizing and adding the map.

Alternately, I'm no server admin, but isn't there supposed to be something added to the .ini file for the server? Like under the [ServerPackages] area?

Upvote 0
DirtyRat said:
our server was full but when changing to this map eariler it kicked EVERYONE from the server...i had the gameservers.net redirect set up so its a bit annoying
Me and some other clanmates were playing then, but we quit after you changed the map since your redirect wasnt working and it would take ages to download it.

Upvote 0
Krokar said:
Me and some other clanmates were playing then, but we quit after you changed the map since your redirect wasnt working and it would take ages to download it.

thanks krokar i'll look into this, i suspect its because the files aren't compressed, and i'm still confused about that whole process...its seems a bit overcomplicated

i've taken it off the rotation until i test and get it working on our match server

Upvote 0
Well, I'd argue that by saying what better objective is there than survival? ;) At least I had a go at making it a somewhat convincing scenario (prisoners from wrecked POW train trying to make a getaway) - not just throw a bunch of guys into the woods with some handguns and let 'em "have at it". :p

I've thought about adding in objectives, but people seem to like it as-is.

With that:

Are there any more suggestions for the map? I'm about to close this out and make it final, so I can move on to other projects.

Upvote 0