• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Problem with UnrealEd

It's probably because of the "KillLine", you should be able to see a red line in the front and side viewports. If your spawn points are below or will fall on this line they'll die. I'm not sure if you can move the line because I havn't subtracted a space tall enough. I'll be mapping later, i'll try to see what can be done about it.

Upvote 0
It sounds like a genui HOM problem ...

That is Hal Of Mirrors for al you newbs. Its a bsp problem where you created some strange mistake in a bsp or terrain. They are as deadly as hell. If you touch them and you dont have to walk directly over them, you are dead. Sometimes they can kill from one side of the map to another one. See them as tiny black holes with wormholes that connects 1 mistakes. Go look for your HOM problem. It should look as an anomalie in the map.

Upvote 0
HOM problems are pretty common in the engine. The more bsp you use the higher the chance that you have some HOM somewhere. The bsp part of UE2.5 isn't the best thing they made (epic).

You would be suprised how many maps have HOM problems. If you maybe look very good even the official TW and Epic maps will have them. Mostly you wont notice because they are not in the gameflow.

But for example I know of 4 known HOM problems in the original UT2004 DM maps.

I dont know why the Karma engine isn't kicking in to do the ragdoll. Propably cause the right trigger isnt triggered by these deads. I understood that suicides through console wont trigger the karma engine either. Propably a HOM is seen as a suicide and therefor dont trigger the ragdoll karma trigger. This is propably a bug and pretty easily fixed if you have the sourcecode ... Report this but not here :)

Upvote 0
d3lux3 said:
i was tried in a test map with a single brush cube, no more objects, and the problem is the same, when i die the ragdolls dont start. I'm thinking in that perhaps we need any actor for ragdolls?

an actor for ragdolls? never heard of that. The karma engine that controlls the ragdoll process (physics engine) is triggered within the script used by the controll of the playermodel. So when you die it 'executes' the karma engine that takes over the model controlled by the player to a physics controlled playermodel. Therefor for example if you look at someone die on 2 computers its seen different as it is a client function and no server function.

Somehow the karma engine doesnt kick in and like i said before that is propably a bug within the scripts. Like Dev said, it could very well be a SDK problem, although i find it strange as it uses the same playerscripts (or at least should be).

Post this bug into the bug forum and see what they can find out about it (they = dev's)

As for the fact about the HOM, I thought you ment that you got killed without any reason. I just didn't read good enough.

Upvote 0