• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

To HDR or not to HDR

To HDR or not to HDR

• Total voters
This is interesting it seems we have yet to come to any sort of conclusion as to who gets the "good HDR" and who gets the "bad HDR", At first it seemed simply being able to play at a high resolution would make it look good, but that was refuted. Then it looked like it might be older cards didnt support it, now that seems to be refuted.

Maybe people should repost now with the graphics card they have and weather or not it looks "good" and for now ignore weather or not its has a playable fps (just to get to the bottom of this). I just got a 7900GT which should support that latest bla bla, so if it only works on higher end New cards then mine should look good.

Upvote 0
DirtyRat said:
welli have a 7800, and i have tried it with different resolutions...HDR ON with anything less than 1280 x 1024 looks pretty dodgy tbh

I have a 6800 ultra, I run 1280 by 1024 and I cant run with bloom on. When I said uber resolution I was talking 1600 x 1200 or higher. I havent read every post, but I havent heard of one person that said it was horrible.

Upvote 0
The verdict is in. No HDR for me. Its not horrible, its just the crisp look of 4xAA and 4xAF blows it out of the water. That said, I love ROOST so much more when it runs smoothly on high settings. :)

I will post screenshots later. All that is installed to convert them from the massive 5 MB files down is paint. :p

There is no time!

Upvote 0
X1600 pro on AGP8x

I run 1600x1200 with 6AA and 16 Trilinear AF, with blur on, shadows full, etc.

I'm CPU limited though, only have an Xp2600 and so am stuck at around 30FPS average depending on the map (most maps higher, Arad and a few of the open spaces maps lower).

Hopefully though, that chip will be an XP3200 (top of the MB's support) in another month or two, then I can't wait to see what FPS I get :cool:

Upvote 0
Varsity said:
I'm going to be in the minority here, but I quite like the blur it causes. It's like a cheap version of depth of field and AA rolled into one. It makes it hard to see things at a distance, but it looks much more believable (and pretty).

But then, it's never been about the frags for me. :)

I'm in agreement with you, it does make it look more real looking but it also handicaps yourself. For me I'd rather have it on and live with the slight handicap because I want to feel like I am not playing a game.

Upvote 0