• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design RO-POW_Train_Escape: Ostfront Edition - BETA release

Yes a bit more Variation would really add to that Map, cause the Modversion was simply Deathmatch, and i would really recommend removing the Panzerfausts, since those really don't make sense in this Map imho. I'd rather add Satchels for the Commander Classes and add a Destroyable Objective or 2.

Though i should add that it will run fine after a few optimizations imho, i can play with 25 FPS :).

Upvote 0
Nah.... I gotta say, I'm leaving the Panzerfausts in. :D They're a lot of fun and only really kill you if it's a direct (or near-direct) hit.

I like the thought on the destroyable objectives. Maybe give them a lot of strength so that it takes multiple satchels - like 3 - to blow them up.

I'm just picturing a bunch of Russians charging through the crater and a German just drops a single satchel in the middle. That would be some crazy ****... lol.

DirtyRat said:
as for clients downloading the map does it do this pretty quick?

It downloads very quickly if you have it on redirect. The map's pretty small, less than 8MB uncompressed (not sure how big it is compressed).

Upvote 0
Sweet, the new maps are already starting to roll out... this is a good time for the game. Ill DL it in a bit and let ya know what I think.

Edit: Played it with bots, they are SUPER dumb, but this map is pretty cool... I cant imagine 32 players piled into though lol... it would be a meat grinder.

Also, Id like to see grenades maybe?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
DirtyRat said:
humm i have no idea how to set up redirect for RO...:p

Also its all uploaded to our server but it doesn't appear in the map voting area...is there any way to rectify this? If it doesn't appear there means nobody on our server can vote for it!
[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
RedirectToURL=http://uz2.gameservers.net/ut2004/
ProxyServerHost=
ProxyServerPort=3128
UseCompression=True

just overwrite yoru line in the ini with this.

the easiest way to add maps to rotation btw, is going to webadmin, then defaults and then maps and just add them there. Or you can just change the ini file.

ftp://upload:[email protected]/

here you can upload compressed maps (in the ut2k4 folder 1 hour after being added it will be added to the main server)

and here is explained how to compress your maps.
http://wiki.unrealadmin.org/Redirection_and_Compression

Unless you afcourse got your own webspace with alot of bandwith to use as redirect then just follow the last url for your own space ;), i already added pow trainescape 3.1 and Naderange to the redirect :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Capt.Marion said:
So much fun! Finally, a simple yet fun map! FYI, there is a little bowl in the hill on the side where the germans have the little faust pickup near there spawn. Its on the right side of the train if you are looking in the direction the train is going. You can get stuck there.
Thanks Capt.Marion! Glad you're enjoying it! I'll make sure to fix that little terrain glitch.

CiA and Core guys - you'll always have a fan in me. :) I've had your servers in my Favorites since day one. Good times and good people there. ~Salute

Upvote 0