• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad Wish to start a Russian clan, need ideas!

The_Partisan

Apr 13, 2006
Well seeing as there seems to be nothing but German clans and 1.SS or 2.SS or 30.SS or 0.SS people everywhere, I think us Russian fans need clans too.

The clan is open to anyone who has an interest and respect for the Red Army in WWII or Soviet military at any time really. Skill is not number 1, but obviously maturity is a must. No tking or any of that.

Now, I need suggestions and ideas for Russian units during WWII. So this where I ask our historians to help out!

Any interesting, unique, or elite units is what I'm looking for, especially interested in any Partisan units considering my name.

Please help out!

[5.SS]Strother said:
The same could be said with our SS divisions.

you're right but i didnt make an SS unit i simply joined one.

if i made my own unit it would be the one of the windhund divisions.

Nyu said:
good idea. due to 39's demise we now have a russian airborne division clan too.

1GA is a neat outfit, I always wondered if they made there members use M38's when they play strelok

Upvote 0
The_Partisan said:
I still need ideas, but at the moment, considering I just read the story of Viktor Leonov in that downloadable e-book that Stierlitz posted a link too, (and I just ordered his memoirs off of amazon.com) I'm considering of basing our clan off of the Russian Marines.
Depends if you want to be "accurate" or not :)

The Russian "Marines" weren't marines - they were "Naval Infantry". We tend to mis-label them as just that!

Basic nomenclature to pick from:

Rifle Division
Guards Rifle Division

[Many of the above had honorific titles - some very long-winded!]

Naval Infantry Brigade
Naval Rifle Brigade
xxx Flotilla (Volga etc)

NKVD Rifle Division
Airborne Brigade/Division
Cavalry Division

Tank or Mechanised Corps or Brigade

Lots of them around :)