• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Scope/Grahpical Issue?

So far I have not encountered any of the afore mentioned technical issues, thank goodness! Near perfect performance! However , (and I do feel a bit Noobish for asking this), I keep having a problem with the sniper rifles. Sometimes for no apparent reason my scope seems to "white out". My first reaction was maybe the lense is fogging, but I cannot seem to find a control that would wipe the lense clear. Is the lense supposed to do this (and I'm just being a noob!) or is this a legitimate problem? If the lense is supposed to fog, how the heck do I clear it? Any advice would be appreciated!

It mostlikely has something to do with problems with your drivers. As a temporarily fix press F12 till you get a texture scope instead of model (or got to configuration and then display and set scope detail to texture)

you can try installing the latest after a cleaning of your old ones.

www.drivercleaner.net to clean your drivers
and www.ati.com or www.nividia.com for the latest drivers for your videocard.

Upvote 0
This issue is persisting across a couple versions of the nVidia drivers ever since the latest patch was released. I'm not 100% sure if this is happening to ATI users or not, but it is definately a problem for some people. I've tried the last 3 driver versions for my 7900GTX and I get this problem every time.

Hitting "f12" to cycle the scope mods does fix the issue, but it only does so for short periods of time.

O.

Upvote 0
Hi, using Nvidia firmware 84.21 latest on 1 system

Hi, using Nvidia firmware 84.21 latest on 1 system

I've reported this issue of the sniper scopes being grayed out (both sides)
for several weeks on these forums now with no help as of yet on all three of my gaming rigs in both online mode and practice mode. I have the latest Nvidia drivers on all three gaming systems and this issue keeps happening using all different in game settings from all defaults to advanced lowest-highest display/audio/etc all settings.
I use all Nvidia GPU's from the Nvidia/DELL Go 7800 GTX on my DELL XPS M170 Notebook using the only available Nvidia/DELL Go 7800 GTX firmware. A BFG 7800 GS OC 256MB GPU on my one selfbuilt Desktop using the latest Nvidia 84.21 GPU Firmware release and on my other Desktop using Nvidia's SLI with two XFX/Nvidia 7900 GTX 512MB super clocked GPU's using the same latest Nvidia GPU Firmware 84.21 release.
All systems use updated Windows XP SP2 (Professional on both Desktops/Media Center Edition 2005 on DELL XPS M170 Notebook) and all 3 use Direct x9c as well as all other audio and software having the latest driver updates.
The Sniper Scopes seldom are usable using any settings in both online and practice mode. (Besides trying to play RO using nothing but empty servers is a waste of my time so to me this game is really only a self play "practice mode only"game at least currently since online RO public servers are mostly password protected or have no one else playing anyhow, which does not bother me!)
However the sniper rifle scopes are always grayed out using either sides scoped rifles in any and every possible display settings and using every available option and setting or not( from all defaults to all other advanced or not settings). Also using all available screen resolution settings this greyed out sniper scope is a major glitch that needs a fix, but even the very few times that a scope sight displays properly the second it is disengaged for any reason it will redisplay grayed out.
Also the Russian bots get bottled up in their pre-factories assault room using 32 player mode on the best RO map currently available "Stalingrad Kessel". This is a chronic, constant problem using any high bot number of players up to 32 player using RO "practice mode"! This is a great game once these bugs get badly needed fixes anyhow period!) Need to widen the doors to the Russian sides prefactories assault spawn areas or they get bottled up and game comes to a complete stop on the "Stalingrad Kessel" map.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Unich said:
I'm also having the problem, and I'm using an ATI Radeon 9600XT with latest Catalyst drivers. Only happens with the model scopes, and if I go to the options and go from model low to model high it co0mes back fine, for a few minutes, then I get it again.

I'm using the same card as you, but I'm not having the problem o_O (but I'm using the latest Omega Drivers, but I had no problems before when using the Catalyst drivers)

Upvote 0