• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Should tanks be a one person operation?

Should tanks be a one person operation?

• YES: One operator would make tank battles more fluid

Votes: 24 10.8%
  • NO: Leave it as is and make players co-operate

Votes: 199 89.2%

• Total voters
Its annoying as hell when someone just pops into a tank ans takes off, and whats even more annoying is when someone in the tank with you doesnt have a mic and is incompitant. Which im suprised it doesnt happen that much as it probably would in a diffrent game without a higher need for teamwork but theirs always the odd fellow like that and it grinds my gears!

Upvote 0
Hyperion2010 said:
NO!

Tanks are not and CANNOT be opperated by 1 person.

I want MORE limits put on tanks, atm it is WAY too easy to dominate as a single player in a tank.

i always operate tanks alone and do fine. whenever im with someone they never listen to me. Even if they do they can do exactly what you need them to. The only drawback with 1 person is you cannot reload and drive at the same time. 1 player tank works very well

Upvote 0
One slightly unrelated thing I'd like to see is that bots don't get in your tank. Ever.
I hate when i'm in a pub server with bots.. and suddenly a bot thinks it'd be real funny to start driving you around in circles towards the enemy.

A delay between switching positions would be excellent. I can also say I haven't actually seen any difference in reloading with a full tank crew vs. solo.

Finally, though people complain about people without a mic trying to cooperate, I don't have a mic, but, its EASY to give commands. the game has all the tank commands (forward, back, enemy left, etc.) mapped perfectly to your numberpad. People on mics can sound fuzzy, but, its very easy to understand someone using proper tank commands with the numberpad.

Upvote 0
I've been playing RO now for about two weeks. And that's every day for at least an hour a day. And in that time I must have had about twenty or more coop tank sessions. All of which have been complete disasters.

I now dread the few seconds before my tank sets off. Just incase some idiot jumps into the gunner position. It has got to the stage where I now avoid getting into tanks with other players. The frustration is just too great.

Upvote 0
I think solo would be more entertaining (And being a game not a real war, theres no harm in the game simulating the extra crew although under control of ONE player) and the maps could field more tanks and make for more exciting gameplay, I don't pay my internet bill and didn't pay for my copy or Red Orchestra to be forced into a tank with any random on the internets because you guys have some warped sense of teamplay alwayz!!1!!1!!111 = realism!++!!

Lets see, when you start paying my internet bill for my gameplay time, I'll play exactly how you want me to, until then leave us solo tankers in peace.

Upvote 0
Johnny555 said:
I've been playing RO now for about two weeks. And that's every day for at least an hour a day. And in that time I must have had about twenty or more coop tank sessions. All of which have been complete disasters.

I now dread the few seconds before my tank sets off. Just incase some idiot jumps into the gunner position. It has got to the stage where I now avoid getting into tanks with other players. The frustration is just too great.

Wat who are you guys playing with r u sure they werent bots cos the majourity of the time when i team up my fellow tanker is normally half decent eg they wont go on suicide charges etc you do get the odd idiot but i usually just avoid them after the first outing really maybe its the servers i play on but honestly there's not as many idiot tankers as you guys are making out.

Upvote 0
Ron said:
Wat who are you guys playing with r u sure they werent bots cos the majourity of the time when i team up my fellow tanker is normally half decent eg they wont go on suicide charges etc you do get the odd idiot but i usually just avoid them after the first outing really maybe its the servers i play on but honestly there's not as many idiot tankers as you guys are making out.

No, they are real people (they have pings).
And I'm not trying to make out that there are loads of idiot tankers out there. This is just my experience so far.
Maybe you could tell me which server you play on? Pleeeeaase :D

Upvote 0
If you want one-man vehicles go play Call of Duty or some other simplistic arcade style game. This is as close to a dream game I've ever played and I truly appreciate the team aspect of it all. Shoot, maneuver and communicate, that what the real world is all about folks and I see a lot of it in this game. Needs a little tweaking, especially the armor modeling but I'm loving this game.

Upvote 0