• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

exposed tanks commanders

Private Who?

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 18, 2006
Texas
The other night I was playing Konigsplatz and I had a German tank roll past me with the commander out of the hatch. Well too good to be true I thought. They just stopped right in front of me. I lined him up really nice and let loose with a short burst. Nothing. Another burst. Nothing. I was really MAYBE 30 feet from him. Dead on. Four bursts. No dead German.:confused:

Anybody else had this happen? This is the only glitch I've seen, and I've not had any other opportunities to kill a tank commander on my feet at such close range.

Otherwise...this is still the best game going, so THANKS Tripwire.

I've seen a bug where the graphic still shows the commander outside even when he's buttoned. Only confirmed on the T-34's with the flap.

Tank Commander sticking up during a tank battle... I switched to Hull MG and peppered the cuppola with no effect... meanwhile he's nailing my tank with accurate main gun rounds.

So I ask him if he's buttoned or not since I can't seem to hit his commander model... sure enough, he's buttoned down and aiming at me with the sight while the model is still hanging out in the open.

Probably what you ran into. I've never had any problem killing non-ghost commanders if they're silly enough to pop up with infantry around... I really love sniping them out of a moving tank... truely ticks them off =P

Upvote 0
I've noticed this too. Can't say what tanks or speciric situations were involved but at least once I put enough rounds directly onto an exposed commander at close range, without effect, that I could tell it was some kind of bug. It's too bad because picking off an exposed commander with your rifle is so satisfying. Even better is popping the driver when he has his head out of the hatch. :)

Upvote 0