• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Checking Score?

Checking Score?

• Yes, quite often

Votes: 58 40.6%
  • Sometimes just out of curiousity

Votes: 60 42.0%
  • Not really I just go with the flow

Votes: 18 12.6%
  • Never

Votes: 7 4.9%

• Total voters
I check it all the time - it give a very good sense of the ebb and flow of the battle... shows you who's capping objectives and who to watch out for etc... if you see their sniper racking up kills it lets you know to go hunting for him and start listening for his shots, but if he's not performing you can ignore him and concentrate on the assault classes etc.

Probably completely unrealistic, but an intrinsic part of online games. YMMV.

Upvote 0
I occasionally check it to make sure teams are even as well as check up on reinforcments.

Since points are not representative of anything in game, they're quite useless for me and I don't care if I'm on top of the list, or on the bottom...

I also occasionally check it to see what classes players on the opposing team are (another reason I think the scoreboard should be modified, removed, or displayed at the end of the round). If I keep getting picked off by an individual, I can check the scoreboard to determine their class and figure out the most likely hiding spot for them.

Upvote 0
I check often.

1. To see how many reinforcements are left.

2. To see if any better weapons have opened up.

3. To see if that tard shooting my team mates is doing it on purpose.

4. To see who to ***** at for the stupid artillery placement.

5. To see who's at the top of the list so I can run around with them.

6. To see if the teams are uneven.

7. To gloat at my score because I'm actually playing to help my team win.

Upvote 0
I check quite regularly out of some reasons:

1) When deployed and a wave was just obliterated, theres simply nothing more to do ;)

2) To see how the teams are going in terms of reinforcements and strength (all points more or less equal basically means they play well together and cap a lot, some with insanely high score and most with deniable score mostly means the team is a bunch of lone wolves)

3) To see if the teams are even. You don't see this in the class/team selection menue, as people who don't take part yet are counted as russian there. Just copmpare the numbers of palyers that have chosen a class to get a quite accurate picture of the distribution.

4) If I was shot without spotting the shooter, I check his class. This way, i can usually judge quite accuratley from where I've been shot, and how to counter it the next time.

Upvote 0
SasQuatch said:
I check it because the reinforcement counts are listed there as well, so i can see how the teams are holding up, and if we need to be more carefull or more agressive :)

Yep, thats the same for me.

Or if I get killed and I'm not sure why, I often check the class of that person, say for Sniper etc.

I generally think 10 points for capping though is too high, especially on some maps where all you have to do is turn up at the cap without even seeing the enemy and get the points. But I guess thats a whole other topic

Upvote 0
I spend more time looking at the map to see what is under attack

BOOO! remove those damned blinking objectives! (;) )

Like the 'Quatch and many others, I check the scoreboard to keep an eye on the reinforcements and team numbers.

Score doesnt matter... besides, with the death messages on in most cases, I can already tell if someone is dominating without having to look at the scoreboard.

(remember, you can be dominating, and still lose..)

Upvote 0