• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

You say its realistic???!!

DM off makes for better players. You make your shots count (especially at longer ranges) and you become more cautious and you use more of your senses. One easy way to know if you shot someone in the distance is to concentrate on him and look for a strange movement that is not an animation (such as an arm moving or a head bobbing).

DM off isn't a big deal, after you play a while you get very use to it and you could even develope some skill.

Upvote 0
i didn't SAY the game was for point whores. I was stating that BF2 is more SUITED for point whores. If you read my intentions wrong then i am sorry. I don't think that BF2 is a bad game at all. It wasn't what i was expecting but its still a very nice game.

The whole system BF2 is built on makes it more suited to point whores. I'm not saying there aren't many of them in RO either. But i'm pretty sure everyone in this forum will agree with me that BF2 can become a point game. Again sorry if you misunderstood. i'l try make it clearer next time:p

Upvote 0
I like the DM

I like the DM

I personally like the DM messages and don't play on servers that don't have them. I understand that this is a realism game, I play it for that very reason and IRL you would not have a fancy score board to come up. This is still a game though and name me one game where some kind of score is not kept. I don't really think that having DM takes away from team work or not having them forces team work. But I also believe that people who pay to have RO servers can do what they want on their servers.

Upvote 0
D3terioNation said:
Played recently on a server with no dm & it annoyed me to hell!!!

I dont care for any of that supposed "realism enhancing" crap. No death messages, hiding reinforcements, ect. It takes the fun out the game, which many people seem to forget, it is still a game.

Funny, all the "realism" servers, and they still have respawns? WTF??? Yeah, lets rise from the dead repeatedly but black out the screen so you cant see anything when you die. Thats realistic!

Thanks, but Ill stick to the servers that have players who remember what it like to have fun, and play a game. Not the ones who have a bunch a guys who wish they could relive history with a fps... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Being ratted out by a ghoster is not cool, black screens are your friend :)

And if we turned off reinforcements and didn't let anyone respawn the server would always be empty and the game would be meaningless.

Most "realism" games have to balance gameplay and realism, and turning off DM's is no big deal. If it bugs you that much join another server.

Upvote 0
Yeah, the only gripe I have with hiding the scores on the scoreboard is that it makes it a bit harder to judge my performance at the end of a round. In my utopian score system, the only time you would get points for a kill would be if you were inside a capzone. I love DMs off, I used to run about the only DoD server in the world which had DMs off (was in the beta 2-3 days, server was Helgas Boll, which I also ran RO:CA on until the motherboard burned out).

Upvote 0
The whole point of no-dm, IMO, is that it adds uncertainty to the game, "Did I get him??", in other words you dont know if its clear or not.

Sure you can check the scoreboard, but unless you check it all the time, it can be hard to keep track, since kill and cap points are counted as one etc..

In other words, I think it adds to the realism feeling because I, like many others dont confirm kills with the scoreboard simply because its not that reliable/easy to remember all the time. like some kills are just obvious, you meet someone in CQC and nobody else is around, no point in checking.. you help a cap, no point in checking, then, you think you got someone up on that roof, bring up the scoreboard and it just says "12", ok, did you have 10, 11 or 12 before that kill?

Upvote 0
I find this all very interesting. Coming from a COD TR background, it's been a long time since I played with DM's on. As far as looking at the scoreboard... I don't even have a key bound for my personal score so I wouldn't even know what the screen looks like.:p I do have the team score screen bound but usaully on ly use it at the end of a round to see how things stacked up. Which brings up the point of unbalanced teams. Do many of you really consistently monitor the number of players on each team? I couldn't imagine bringing up the score screen that many times during play; It'd just kill the immersion for me. If a lot of people are whining about teams, I'll check the team board and switch teams if necessary. But if left to my own devices I'd only check the team scoreboard at the end of each round (and that just out of curiousity, not to use as a reason to ***** about losing.)

I like the DM's off. That much more immersion for me.:D

Upvote 0
Im kinda joining for your opinion and kinda definately NOT.

It's true that it's more exciting when you cant see did you killed your target or not. But yes also like I'm having a reflex like movement to hit automatically TAB once in a while.

Counterway I would be very pleased if there would be better personal all the time stats so you can see your KD,KPM and maby accuracy. Though I'm counting deaths anyway. Natrually more kills than deaths = good and more kills per min = good. It's not about you'r enlarging your virtual *enis. It's about you'r knowing how you'r succeeding as an invidual.

I think delay to stats would be the best solution or stats on end of the round. I'm completely thinking the same that DMs could leave. Though it's funny on public to laugh your lungs off when you've bashed your friend to death. :D There's no better humiliation! :p

Upvote 0
I prefer Death Messages off.

With that said, the only time I ever look at the scoreboard, death messages on or off, is to look at the reinforcements. Personal score matters not.

I think having the DMs off promotes a slower thinking type game, as opposed to a quick, run around shooter. The MG and sniper roles (not that I play them) really benefit from the DMs off as well.

REQUEST OF THE SERVER MOD MAKERS... an all encompassing server-side mod that will have these features

Black screen during death
No Death Messages
No "People in the capzone" bar
No onscreen messages i.e. 'Satchel has been placed' type messages
No blinking objectives on map

it would be cool to have a mod package like this because then people of the same mind can jump on a server running this package, and know that the other people on there are wanting to play the same style of game. That would be the style that focuses on winning maps exclusively.

on the subject of stats... personally, they dont mean crap to me.. there are times my stats for a particular map suck, but I know I played an integral part in winning the map. To me thats what matters.

Upvote 0