• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New WW2 Games

DraKon2k

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Vienna, Austria
Last edited:
Upvote 0
LordOliver said:
The one I am looking forward to most:

World War II RTS (aka Wartime Command aka Frontline Command) by 1C Games in Russia...(makers of the IL-2 Sturmovik series)

I have been waiting for this one for a long time and it has had a rocky history.

review here:

http://www.wargamer.com/articles/ww2rts_interview/

more screens here:

http://int.games.1c.ru/ww2/
I recieved an e-mail a couple of months ago saying Codemasters dumped the idea. :(
And I never knew it was also known as Frontline? Command? I did know it was known as Battlefield Commander and/or Wartime Command though...

Upvote 0
Being a Flight simmer and rabid IL-2 fan... I first heard about WWII RTS a few years ago when Oleg Maddox posted about it.

1C originally started the game, solo... I dont know exactly why, but Codemasters got involved, whether it was for a foot in the door for US distribution or not, they handled it for a while along with 1C.

After some delays Codemasters dropped it as it was taking so long. 1C now is the only developer/publisher as far as I know. Perhaps they will take on a US publisher again for western distrubution like Eagle Dynamics did for Lock On: Flaming Cliffs (Naturalpoint).

As far as what was the holdup?? Not sure on the details, wish I knew. These are "niche" games so maybe they don't hold the priority like more popular FPS types. 1C games are pretty detailed.

Now if only Panzer Elite had a worthy sequel....

Upvote 0
I'm starting to get sick of WW2 strategy games. They're all the same damn thing with some small gimmick. Remember Soldiers? Commandos 2 with physics. The entire Blitzkrieg series? Sudden Strike. Codename Panzer and Desert Rats vs. Afrika Korps? Both just 3d versions of Blitzkrieg with a rather poor story tacked on.

I'll take a good turnbased 4x over a full 3d WW2 rts any day.

Upvote 0
I dont know if its just me, but i think that DEVs should be getting more creative. There are hundreds of WW2 games and im kinda getting sick of the repetativeness in them, game DEVs should start getting more creative because alot of these games are repetative. Most of them that arent online are just you alone against all the Nazis and i find that to be annoying in games, war based games should have squads and ranking systems and missions that dont consist of you going in alone and taking everyone on (im talking about single player) and online modes should have diffrent game types and large maps with server slots that can go up to 100 players, that would be much more fun. PLEASE BE CREATIVE GAME DEVELOPERS!!!

Upvote 0
I wouldn't exactly like Blitzkireg as SS is better than it, For example.. In SS if you have about 10 soldiers, You could easily take a village secured by about 20 enemy infantries with no tanks whatsoever if you plan your strategies right

But in Blitzkireg it seems to me that numbers win the game =/

Upvote 0