• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Noob question

Mauser98k

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 16, 2006
I will have my RO up and running on wednesday, since I wont have my intel mac until then. I have a question.

First off I LOVE realism and have always hated COD and MOH since BIA and such games came out due to the realism. So I have a question on the physics.

How blown up can a person get, I.E. Someone gets decapitated, limbs, etc. etc.

And how un-noobified is this game? :)

Thank you

-Mauser98k

Mauser98k said:
And how un-noobified is this game? :)

Weapon physics are fantastic! Sway is very well modeled, along with bracing on any stationary object. RO:O calculates the trajectories/ flight-times of every bullet fired!:eek: Using free-aim (bullet goes where gun is pointing; no "cone of fire") TW has done a great job of eliminating the lion's share of the "WTF?'s" when you miss a shot (there are still a very few but I attribute these to lag; Inherent in any online game. ;) ) RO:O has a very immersive feel, very believable in the game's v-world.:)

Noob tactics won't get you very far in RO:O either. The game is designed to reward a patient, cautious and sensible style of play. Maps are large and generally open (with cover.) So, nade spamming and run and gun, although obviously achievable, are not nearly as effective as in the small, space-compressed maps of "shooter" type games. Bunny-hopping has been virtually eliminated with the way TW has implemented jumping.

RO:O is pretty well "un-noobified," I'd say.:D

Upvote 0