• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra Screenshot thread ?? (Merged)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Combine an older computer and jpg compression and it does look shitty. Don't worry, I'll be back when I have my new computer.

What should I be converting those bmps to anyways? I use imageshack, and they are much too large for an upload. The usual bmp to jpg conversion always lowers the quality quite a bit, considering you are losing more than 2 megabytes of data.

Upvote 0
Hi all.

some shots from me:

Here i engage 3 Enemy Tanks in my Tiger. Taking them all out...... they leave only small scratches on my zimmerit

Shot00001.bmp

Cliff Diving!

Shot00002.bmp

Some kind of art....

Shot00006.bmp

Long Range Engagement:

Shot00003.bmp

Result:

Shot00004.bmp

OMG K

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ShapeSh1fter said:
Interesting, how come you dont use the ranging function? It's really sweet once you get used to it and it lifted my game a bit.

i hit anyway.... and this way i am faster.... while my enemy is using the range function i already shoot him.....
it gives me an advantage of 1-3 secs. and it works as you can see..... :)

Upvote 0
ShapeSh1fter said:
Oh funny! I used to say and think the exact same thing before I tried to use the function correctly.:D

lol. you might be right but i am an unregenerate retarded ignorant butthole :p
and i never miss... so why change? ;)
i played without the ranging function in the mod

but serious: as long as there are no real hit zones in the game and it dont matter where u hit the enemy tank, this function makes no sense.
when it would be possible to kill a tank with one well aimed hit on a small hitzone, then the function would make sense for me.
sometimes i still play the mod, only to kill a tank with a well aimed hit....

Upvote 0
D.a.L-UnteroffizierG said:
lol. you might be right but i am an unregenerate retarded ignorant butthole :p
and i never miss... so why change? ;)

yeah, no point in changing then:) .
however, imagine the following scenario: youre behind cover holding the north field on arad. as the tanks come out you pop em. suddenly another tank comes down the road from spawn. you go "****!" since youre parked at an angle and when you turn the tower your aim goes down onto the ground.... whatcha do before it goes away? maybe you're quicker than me but it really is easier to aim when you've adjusted for the distance.:) atleast on some distances. also, i find it easier to hit sections of the tank when i have the range - and that's the real advantage i think i have now.

but anyway.... just my take on it:eek:

Upvote 0
I already dial in distances as I or we approach certain area's without seeing an enemy yet.
I usually estimate chances on where to expect emeny tanks and dial in beforehand. I'm about right in my guessing most of the time and will only have to adjust the distance setting one noth up or down. It's a good thing to come prepared :)
Like one poster says, it really helps aiming for the 'soft' spots.

Upvote 0
SasQuatch said:
I already dial in distances as I or we approach certain area's without seeing an enemy yet.
I usually estimate chances on where to expect emeny tanks and dial in beforehand. I'm about right in my guessing most of the time and will only have to adjust the distance setting one noth up or down. It's a good thing to come prepared :)
I'm the same way SasQuatch. Actually, if I'm in the turret I default set my range to 500 meters. If I come to an engagement I adjust from there and I'm usually pretty close. I rarely miss hitting a tank, the only question is does the shot deflect?

Also I'm not to great at hitting moving targets at over 500 m. Usually don't lead or drop the target enough. :-\

Upvote 0
SasQuatch said:

what "soft" spots???? :p :p

hey aint you the guy that made me stuck with my Panzer III on Hedgehog in a barn? :D :D

on the day where ill find maps with tankbattles on ranges above 700m and with hit zones for one hit kills i'll start to use the range function.

Upvote 0