• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Latest "Patch" piece of c**p!!!

U22

Apr 12, 2006
I have been enjoying this game, believe me.

Wanted to game some today and was happy a new patch was out.

Can you believe how pi**ed off I am that the latest so called "patch" makes it impossible for me to even start a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The game freezes when I hit the button to get to the server page. The game menu that is... I can't even ctrl-alt-del or do anything but restart the computer.

Not happy...

Last edited:
Seriously, calm down.

I have encountered many companies with a much worse support, like Dice/EA. BF2 sits here on my shelve for months now, as it ceased to even start after patch 1.03... and no matter what I do, it won't start up, unless it is the simple, 1.00 out of the box installation. I even tried it on two totally different computers with the same result. (and I downloaded all the patches several times, eitehr the full ones, or succeding ones, but to no avail)

TW is most likely very busy to iron out those show stopping bugs (which I never encountered once), but it takes time. Also, they can't test everything on every possible hardware and software combination. So instead of this flaming, you might very well describe your problem, attach your dxdiag log and ask for help. This will motivate TW more than your utterly rude behaviour. Just because it is the internet, you ought not forget your manners.

Upvote 0
First of all I apologize if I was rude. I simply expressed my opinion about a "patch" that makes it impossible for me to start a game that was working and that I have paid for. I think I have the right to be dissapointed.

Now I will of course calm down. Sorry about that...

Could you be so kind and explain where to find dxdiag. Oh and please explain that like I was five since computers is not my strong side eh :)

Again sorry if I used too strong a language

Upvote 0
look for dxdiag its a blue icon with a yellow cross click on it and run it, when you run it you will see all the info from your system video,sound etc and in each tab it will show you all the info you need drives etc. Them tell it to save the info and copy and paste it in here so they can see your drivers and system info etc as that could be a problem(like so)

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 4/12/2006, 09:57:29
Machine name: MASTER
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/31/04 12:03:44 Ver: 08.00.10
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1536MB RAM
Page File: 1400MB used, 2034MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

Upvote 0
Thanks to the both of you. I really appreciate it.

Again I would like to say sorry for my rude language.

Attached the DxDiag

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 4/12/2006, 10:55:17
Machine name: 043282920133
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: Swedish (Regional Setting: Swedish)
System Manufacturer: Packard Bell NEC, Inc.
System Model: 00000000000000000000000
BIOS: Award Medallion BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 512MB RAM
Page File: 324MB used, 923MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode
------------

--------------------

Last edited:
Upvote 0
U22 said:
Again I would like to say sorry for my rude language.
NP, it takes more courage to apologize than to yell at someone ;)

and BTW, the dxdiag saves a longer, more detailed file, if you klick on "save all info" (or something like that, my winXP is german). It will normally save a "DxDiag.txt" to your desktop, but you can alter that off course. Simply attach this file to a forum post.

Upvote 0
[-project.rattus-] said:
and BTW, the dxdiag saves a longer, more detailed file, if you klick on "save all info" (or something like that, my winXP is german). It will normally save a "DxDiag.txt" to your desktop, but you can alter that off course. Simply attach this file to a forum post.

U22 did post the log but has deleted itfor some reason.

Upvote 0
If your running any firewall, make sure you allow Red ORchestra before you play, it looks like Red Orchestra is not minimizing properly when clicking on multiplayer tab when normally an "allow" box from your firewall will pop up. Alternatly you can start red orchestra and hit "alt enter" putting RO in windows mode, this might work as well.

Upvote 0
Yoshiro said:
If your running any firewall, make sure you allow Red ORchestra before you play, it looks like Red Orchestra is not minimizing properly when clicking on multiplayer tab when normally an "allow" box from your firewall will pop up. Alternatly you can start red orchestra and hit "alt enter" putting RO in windows mode, this might work as well.

Normally you have to do this after every patch for every game that has the .exe file changed.

Upvote 0