• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Permanent Ban from own Server!?

ArthurMcGuinness

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 11, 2006
Hi Folks,

We have a little gaming community in germany, with a few gameservers based on Linux.

One of them is RedOrchestra (Steam), we've set up our own gameserver and for days everything was running fine and smooth.

Yesterday we encountered the first major problem:

We were playing a game against some very unfriendly and flaming players from italy, we warned them a few times to stop their behavior - but they didn't stopped.

After a few kicks, they still flamed and abused us - so i decided to ban the concerned players.

Fifteen minutes later 3 admins, including myself were banned from our own server without having our names on the banlist.

We even reinstalled the server, but it keeps saying that "Your IP is locked out of this server, connection failed" - I hope this translation is suitable from the german text.

A few guys think maybe the italians have hacked us in some way or something else weird is happening - perhaps a bug with the VAC or something like that.

I can assure no one of our community is ever thinking of cheating or doing something unfair - so I try this official Board to get some help regarding this problem - this is VERY annoying.

Perhaps someone can give us a solution or the contact to Valve/Steam support in germany (if they have) regarding this problem.

Thx

You might look in your server's redorchestra.ini file.
For example, ours has this :

[Engine.AccessControl]
AdminPassword=whateveryouchoose
GamePassword=
bBanByID=True
LoginDelaySeconds=0.000000
IPPolicies=ACCEPT;*
BannedIDs=20465365|Trouble_Maker

The ban you see was done by ID however, and not IP so I don't know if this will apply or not.

Good luck,
Floyd

Upvote 0
Thanks, but as i already said - I'm not in the banlist in acess policies.

We found out the following:

We've set up the server again - this time without copying the old banlist. Everything works fine again, then we test-banned one of our members, and - woosh, there's the problem again !?

So everything works fine again - but you can only kick, NOT ban someone - if you do so, you're getting this "Your IP is locked out of this server, connection failed" message again - at the next mapchange, weird isn't it!? I think this is just one of those few bugs the game still has...

@Floyd

Perhaps it has something to do with your suggestion "bBanByID=True" - so please tell me what happens if we set this to "False" ?

Does the game ban by IP only, or what does it do?

Upvote 0