• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sapper spelled wrong

Luverly sig you got specially the bottom line of text. I apreciate the correction about that it's spelled saper in Russian.
But I don't hear a lot of people speaking Russian on the servers, mostly English. The manual is also in English. And so are the voice commands in the game.
Still a good correction from your part though. :)

Upvote 0
The manual is also in English. And so are the voice commands in the game.

I don't remember hearing any english voice commands :confused:

But I don't hear a lot of people speaking Russian on the servers, mostly English.

So what your saying is we should change all the class names into english? I think the game would lose some historical feel if that happened.

Upvote 0
Rrralphster said:
Luverly sig you got specially the bottom line of text. I apreciate the correction about that it's spelled saper in Russian.
But I don't hear a lot of people speaking Russian on the servers, mostly English. :)
We'll be sure to start up online russian classes...
lol
The one thing that bothers me is how the russian 'insult' Sutka is pronounced ingame 'sookay' when its really 'sootkah'.
or in russian сука

Если вы можете прочитать это чем, то вы можете прочитать русского. Хорошо для вас.

Upvote 0
The Russian voice acting is fine. Some of the language seems a bit immature, but that's just my opinion. I got tired after hearing someone spam the equivalent of "**** you German bitches" or something like that 20 times over (maybe it was "fascist bitches").
The German voice acting, from what I understand (I don't speak German), has heavy Bavarian accents.

Upvote 0
shadowmoses said:
The one thing that bothers me is how the russian 'insult' Sutka is pronounced ingame 'sookay' when its really 'sootkah'.
or in russian сука
What does it mean, BTW? I always wonder, because the chubby chick in "Gilmore Girls" is called Sooky, and I find it very amusing that she has a russian cuss as a name... even though it might be pronounced incorrectly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
shadowmoses said:
We'll be sure to start up online russian classes...
lol
or in russian сука

it's суки no сутки or суткa :)

afaik only russian voice command that is plain wrong is "take cover", ingame voice for it is "cover me" :eek:

Upvote 0
well.

suki = russian for ***** (when said to a man)

suka = russian for ***** (when speaking to a woman)

according to the russian kid in my gym class that is:D

now as for the pronunciation he also said "sookay" and tjhat is simply because of his accent and thats how it is pronounced in russian.

sorry for swearing but i felt it was neccesary:p

also quick note, the voice commands arent very good. they sound like boring and they should be a little more distressed like they are yelling over the gunfire in a battle

Upvote 0
Vietnow said:
also quick note, the voice commands arent very good. they sound like boring and they should be a little more distressed like they are yelling over the gunfire in a battle

Now now, lets not forget how bad they could have been.. ever played CS? now there you have flat and boring voice acting!

"Bomb has been planted.. and now im going back to sleep ZzZzZzZzZz" :D

Upvote 0
Vietnow said:
well.

suki = russian for ***** (when said to a man)

suka = russian for ***** (when speaking to a woman)

according to the russian kid in my gym class that is:D

now as for the pronunciation he also said "sookay" and tjhat is simply because of his accent and thats how it is pronounced in russian.

sorry for swearing but i felt it was neccesary:p

Would be cool if that guy from your class (or anybody else for that matter) could translate:
"BOOM HEADSHOT!!!" and "I can dance all day!".
I would like to know how it is said in Russian and how it's written.

Upvote 0