• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Your out of luck friend. Wolf ET is a game based on an 8 year old engine, but RO is a new game based on a recent engine and its unlikely a laptop with an integrated graphics card, especially a 2 year old laptop, and ESPECIALLY an underpowered viao, is going to play the game. I am suprised you can load at all.

Sorry ;_(

Upvote 0
DirtyRat said:
i see so many complaints about load times.

..the maps are like 4-5 times bigger than the CoD2, and DoDS maps out there, i mean has anyone here played BF2? It takes ages to load BF2 maps (much longer than RO), but ITS TO BE EXPECTED coz the maps are huge.

So please bear that in mind when you whinge about load times.

RO Mod load time: 10s or less
RO Retail load time: 1m+

On my old PC at least. My new one loads a LOT faster (and uses the same harddrive, so that isn't the limiting factor..)

Upvote 0
Wolfenstien:ET Vet said:
ok i just got RO:OST and when i join a map it takes like 30min to 60min
Why?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

First of all I must say I`m very impressed with you sitting out the time of minimum half an hour loading a map. I would have smashed most loose objects in my flat after 10 min. Are you a Yoga Master ?

Second the us retail box claims the minimum specs to be 256mb Ram .
My specs are well over the recomended and I must say that the requirements are misleading. TW should consider changeing the recomended specs to 1 gig Ram and minimum 512. Hopefully the european retail Box have this changed.

My point is that you can`t expect the consumers to know this because the recomenations says it will work fine with 256 Ram and exellent with 512.

Edit : Took an extra look at the US retail Box . There are no recomendations only minimum specs, , Sorry about that

Upvote 0
If you try to connect to a server that changes a map the game kicks you. Theoretically you can connect to a server that has 3 rounds of 20 minutes that run for the duration. But come one. Be realistic.
I don't even think people who say they have to wait for 4-5 minutes have a real sense of time. When people need to wait for more then 12 seconds at a trafficlight they allready get impatient...
Even without tweaking the .ini it didn't take more then 30secs to start with, for me that is.
I'm not saying it is totally impossible, just not probable... as in "Myth Busted!!!!"

Upvote 0