• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Next Tripwire game idea

hanky

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 1, 2011
I would like to see an alternate universe idea with the United States going to war with Russia right after WW2. It would have American and Russian weapons and equipment that were used in WW2, maybe even weapons created very shortly after the war. This would be a Red Orchestra style gameplay, but with an alternative universe idea you have creative liberties to implement prototype weapons. With Unreal Engine 5 looking so amazing I am really hoping tripwire is working on a game for that engine. I think rehashing RO in WW2 or modern combat is going to overshadowed by upcoming games and this is something that is just different enough to catch peoples attentions.

What do you guys think?

I would like to see an alternate universe idea with the United States going to war with Russia right after WW2. It would have American and Russian weapons and equipment that were used in WW2, maybe even weapons created very shortly after the war. This would be a Red Orchestra style gameplay, but with an alternative universe idea you have creative liberties to implement prototype weapons. With Unreal Engine 5 looking so amazing I am really hoping tripwire is working on a game for that engine. I think rehashing RO in WW2 or modern combat is going to overshadowed by upcoming games and this is something that is just different enough to catch peoples attentions.

What do you guys think?
Na, all we need is a red orchestra ostfront remastered 41 45...all types of weapons all types of tanks a huge variety of battles and maps.. No restrictions like in ro2, and we dont need 3d animated interiors for tanks... Until now no ww2 game was able to capture the battlefield feeling like it did red orchestra 1, no postscriptum no hell let loose etc....red orchestra should always be ww2 nazigermany vss ussr....
If you prefer a ww3 stye game i consider you to take a look at 83 game from antimatter. Cold war crysis gone hot united states, great britain maybe west gearmany vs ussr and some other warsaw pact allies.
I and many others would strongly support if tripwire go back to their roots and deliver us a red orchestra remasterd combined arms combat!!
This would be the best game ever!!

Upvote 0
I don't think making another WW2 game would be good, not because it's a bad idea, it just would get butchered. With the PC mob breathing down necks, devs having to battle their marketing teams, and their own "new fresh talent"...it would be impossible and undesirable. God forbid we offend the upper-middle class neo-libs with a game that looks accurate, feels accurate, and is HISTORICALLY ACCURATE. Oh no, wouldn't want to do that!

Upvote 0
I also want a new Red Orchestra WW2 game. (Germany vs. Soviet)
The most important things to me are gunplay, sound, atmosphere, immersion, animations... In want to feel and breathe in the Battlefield, like I'm there. Hear the birds, wood crack, feel the cold wind, hear guns in the distance, raindrops on roofs...
Tha game should have a soul, a life of its own, atmospheric like modded STALKER games. Dark,gritty, depressing but also beautiful in a way.

Upvote 0
I also want a new Red Orchestra WW2 game. (Germany vs. Soviet)
The most important things to me are gunplay, sound, atmosphere, immersion, animations... In want to feel and breathe in the Battlefield, like I'm there. Hear the birds, wood crack, feel the cold wind, hear guns in the distance, raindrops on roofs...
Tha game should have a soul, a life of its own, atmospheric like modded STALKER games. Dark,gritty, depressing but also beautiful in a way.
So true, we need a new Ro Game Eastern Front!!! Bought Hell let loose (i know its Early Access) but it doesnt feel good, ultra clunky, horrible performance,gunplay is horrible, and even gfx arent that good. Pls TWI give us a new Red Orchestra or a remastered version!!!!!!

Upvote 0
So true, we need a new Ro Game Eastern Front!!! Bought Hell let loose (i know its Early Access) but it doesnt feel good, ultra clunky, horrible performance,gunplay is horrible, and even gfx arent that good. Pls TWI give us a new Red Orchestra or a remastered version!!!!!!
Yeah, both Hell let loose, and post scriptum are too big, slow and too much on the simulation side for my taste.

Red Orchestra has the perfect pace for me.

Upvote 0
Is everyone in here just going to ignore what TWI have said on PC Gaming Show? They are not gonna bother making another RO/RS title. We were lied to about them planning and saying like "RO3 gonna be definitely WW2", while its never happening. John Gibson hint clearly stated they are going to make KF3 game next.

Upvote 0
Is everyone in here just going to ignore what TWI have said on PC Gaming Show? They are not gonna bother making another RO/RS title. We were lied to about them planning and saying like "RO3 gonna be definitely WW2", while its never happening. John Gibson hint clearly stated they are going to make KF3 game next.
Oh god noooo.... First a horrible shark game and now kf3 no one needs.

Upvote 0
Meh...don't get me wrong, but that's kind of a non-answer to me.

First, they said they were busy with Maneater. So we can assume they're gonna feed the game for the upcoming months if not years. Wouldn't say so about Chivalry, since they're only publishing.

Secondly, "We're really thinking about what's next for the Killing Floor franchise" can mean anything really. Coming from Tripwire, it may very well be about the next update for KF2. Or yet another spin-off. I'm obviously curious about what they might have in store. But to me, it doesn't prove anything.

Reactions: utek
Upvote 0
With ManEater already being the most successful Tripwire game in the very short time that it's been out, I'd say ManEater 2 for PS5/XSX is a good place to start, utilizing the UE5 engine because it's free for all devs for the first million in revenue.

So yeah, either ManEater 2 or something in that lane. Comedy, action, gorey seems to be Tripwire's new thing. That's a good thing :)

Upvote 0
With ManEater already being the most successful Tripwire game in the very short time that it's been out, I'd say ManEater 2 for PS5/XSX is a good place to start, utilizing the UE5 engine because it's free for all devs for the first million in revenue.

So yeah, either ManEater 2 or something in that lane. Comedy, action, gorey seems to be Tripwire's new thing. That's a good thing :)
Bad thing....

Upvote 0
Sure thing ;)
Unlikely the very next game is going to be a sequel to maneater. Probably not KF3 either. If I had to wager a bet it'd be a new title. Personally I'd hope it'd be something in the vein of the original game made by TWI something like the (or being) RO series. Though I'm doubtful about anything in that genre or direction being developed at this point. Also, do you have any sources on the success and the number of sales? I'm curious but can't find any numbers.

Reactions: NorthDumpling
Upvote 0
Unlikely the very next game is going to be a sequel to maneater. Probably not KF3 either. If I had to wager a bet it'd be a new title. Personally I'd hope it'd be something in the vein of the original game made by TWI something like the (or being) RO series. Though I'm doubtful about anything in that genre or direction being developed at this point. Also, do you have any sources on the success and the number of sales? I'm curious but can't find any numbers.
I'm going by YouTube's analytical statistics as well as the trending numbers from various social media platforms.

If Tripwire does a new IP, it should be fairly obvious at this point that it will be more alomg the lines of that crazy/fun focused styling that both ManEater and Killing Floor 2 possess, couple that woth the fact that Tripwire is caterimg more to console gamers - a smart move for them!

Upvote 0
Simply saying " YouTube's analytical statistics" and "trending numbers from various social media platforms" doesnt mean you have a source on that.

In either case we should see Red Orchestra title to be next, since last title was released in 2011, almost 10 years ago and even more since start of production.
As for Rising Storm, anyone who is more or less experienced in modding, can successfully pitch an idea of a game/DLC with working prototype, hence RS is a thing.

Besides, its really obvious KF and Maneater are new released titles, there is little to no point making an instant sequel.

Upvote 0
Simply saying " YouTube's analytical statistics" and "trending numbers from various social media platforms" doesnt mean you have a source on that.

In either case we should see Red Orchestra title to be next, since last title was released in 2011, almost 10 years ago and even more since start of production.
As for Rising Storm, anyone who is more or less experienced in modding, can successfully pitch an idea of a game/DLC with working prototype, hence RS is a thing.

Besides, its really obvious KF and Maneater are new released titles, there is little to no point making an instant sequel.
My bet is still on a new IP.

Upvote 0

Personally, I think it is enough evidence. You can download YouTube's Studio App which shows results for trending statistics and analytics for not only your channel but others as well as catchphrases. So there's not a "link" but there are statistics apps that allow you to see how much interest is being generated, this is even more important info than direct sales. You can't imply that the vast majority of people would want Red Orchestra or a realistic game when all evidence points to the contrary. The numbers for people that still play realistic fps games outside of arcade military themed games such as Call Of Duty has dwindled these last couple decades. And I doubt that we will ever see the rise of them again. One quesion we have to ask ourselves is "Is the tradeoff worth it?" Manater answered that question.

I believe this is why Tripwire made a "Thank You" video to all who generated interest in ManEater simply for the fact that ManEater has put Tripwire in the public eye is a way that Red Orcestra or Killing Floor never could. If someone here has no interest in ManEater, they won't care about its existence or even admit that it's the more important game that people think of when mentioning Tripwire, but it's not about that person. It's about Tripwire finding their sweetspot, doing the best with their resources and so forth. Which is why I believe, if not ManEater 2, then it's going to be an even crazier, wacky bright colored off the wall new IP which takes things even further than ManEater and Killing Floor 2.

Ultimately, Tripwire's "Thank You" video confirms the celebration of ManEater putting Tripwire on the map, I mean, you'll never see Tripwire making a "Thank you" video to Red Orcestra or Killimg Floor players because those games didn't generate even half tye interest. A lesson we all learned here is that it's all about timing. The sad thing is that I remember people wanting ManEater to fail so that Tripwire would go back to making realistic oriented games - without realizing that a.) The company's future rested on the success of ManEater and b.) Tripewire doesn't want to make more realistic games but more creative imaginative ones.

edit:
I mean, you can laugh but that doesn't magically make any of what I said untrue lol If you see issue with any of my statement, you could summon a mod here and ask them to comfirm any of this. As it stands, ManEater might not be their first game but it still is their most important game by far, regardless of what any member on the forum may believe :p

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: NorthDumpling
Upvote 0