• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How often will DLC weapon bundles go on sale?

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
  • Sep 20, 2015
    Will it be once every end of the year?
    Or will it be seasonal?.... Which i guess will be that fresh weapon for the season will be at full price and the weapons introduced last season will have a discount.
    tbh i would gladly take the prices that were during the yulitide rollout.

Also, will mosin get its damage buffed? As it stands right now it's a useless weapon that has no defined role.... As its really terrible in both being a trash killer or a big zed killer.
    Heavy, clunky, the blocking half of the time doesn't work because its being blocked by the gun pushing the cartridge into the chamber...... Who even tested the weapons and said that this was good enough? The fire rate wasn't even that big of an issue to begin with, since it could be mitigated by marksman skill.

Reactions: Padlock
    As it stand, I'd say the worst gun out of the four is definitely the rhino... No way in hell can it rival with the deagles.

At least the Mosin does fit a very weird but unique niche with its bayonet and parry system. Even though I'd still take the versatility of the M14 anyday.

I'll also say that while a nice 5 bucks discount is good... It's still too expensive IMO. If you want the whole package, that's 30 bucks for 4 weapons. I ain't paying the price of the game for four guns...I think 20 would be far more reasonable.

Upvote 0
    I wouldn't say that that rhinos rival deagles in any way shape or form.
    I find dealges more of a backup weapon when you fail to take down big zed with magnums.

Rhinos fit more into the role of primary weapon, with which you kill trash zeds with.... With its ricochet thing it excels at that on narrow paths and/or zed group.
    And its the only weapon that adds variety to the already boring one dimensional weapon loadout for gunslinger... Since it always involves 2 dual magnums and deagles and 1 or 2 1911's
    With rhinos at least you have option for either to go with 1911's or them.
    (im not mentioning LAR or center fire because.... when was the last time you saw a gunslinger actively using those weapons? spitfires are just a joke outside pyro's perk)

Even with mosins's quirks, its only useful when you have like 1 or 2 small zeds... not a big squad up your door.
    The parry thing would really fit for the aggressive sharp playstyle as you would be more comfortable to take the hit from a fleshpound and expose it to its weaknesses.... but again the dmg is just not there, and even the upgrades don't help much as you would still require to use almost to whole clip to kill the bugger and then go through the reload animation ( more painful if you don't have fast reload skill equipped, but the rack em up is necessary to make the gun even half useful)

Last edited:
    Reactions: Aleflippy
    Upvote 0
    Well...Let us agree to disagree then!

I cannot stress enough how fast I rush to get the deagles. I either get a single and start moping zeds as soon as wave 2, or wait a bit and get the dualies which are more than enough until the FPs start coming.

On the other hand, I honestly can't do much with the rhinos unless in very specific situations (which you mentioned : lots of trash zeds in narrow paths). I find them quite underwhelming against even medium zeds. And yes, they do bring some spice to a very bland arsenal... But I'd rather stay efficient than go the original route. Even more so when they are not very fun to play with.

And let me be the first to say that I LOVE using the LAR and Centerfire as a GS. You may not fire as quickly, but the damage certainly makes up for it... and you can "rack up" (wink wink) the headshots quite effectively too. So yeah, in the end, one of my favourite loadout is a maxed up Centerfire along with akimbo deagles... You'd be surprised at how effective it can be.

Can't argue about the Mosin though... A weapon being "usable" doesn't mean that it's worth it. Which is kinda of a shame really, because I hoped it would be some sort of middle ground between the raw damage of accuracy of the Xbow and the RoF and mag size of the M14. As it stand though, it's really worse than both. But unlike the rhinos, eh... I do find it fun to use. And classy, most of all.

Upvote 0
    The Rhinos are great for crawlers, especially the mass of them in Nuked objective mode as well as Zed Landing objective mode.

Well...Most gunslinger weapons (besides maybe the centerfire & LAR) are at least moderately effective against crawlers. It may lack the extra shots needed to dispatch them even quicker, but I'd say he's already one of the best crawler-killer, considering his speed and RoF

Upvote 0