• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC No increase in achievement count for killing Matriarch

Studly

May 5, 2015
Category: Code (?) related to Seasonal Achievement

Reproducibility: Seemingly Random

Summary: Killing Matriarch does not always increase kill count for seasonal achievement to kill her 10 times

Description: I have noted twice (on two different maps) that I have killed the Matriarch, but not received an increase in the seasonal achievement progress toward killing her ten times. This is seemingly random--it has happened to me once on the new official map, and once on a community map unrelated to it. I have defeated her 5 times, but my count only shows 3. The first time this occurred, I was in the server alone, but tonight I was there with one other person--he received an increase, but I did not. Now, this would not personally bother me too much, except that it often takes SEVERAL DAYS of playing to get her to show up as a boss, so losing a kill for her is SIGNIFICANT! I have only encountered her twice this week, and I usually play 3 runs a night after work. The exact order of my recorded completions were 1 that was recorded, then one that was not, then two that were, and a final one that was not.

Online/Offline: I only play online, so I don't know if it would happen for a local-only run or not.

Thank you.

Its not seemingly random.
The only thing you forgot to mention is on what difficulty you encountered her.
If it was on hard all the time, then its an old standing issue when for some reason progress is not registered during the match.
Be it achievements in the past or now matriarch.
On sui it works just fine.

Also progress only counts if you deliver the final blow to her, of which devs are aware and most likely will resolve it in beta 2.
(Unless the final blow part was intended by design)

Upvote 0
The first time I encountered this, it was on Hard difficulty, so that makes sense. The second missed count was on HoE, though.

I appreciate the info about needing to deliver the killing blow. I had actually contemplated that possibility, but since I was in a solo game the first time it happened it didn't seem to make sense. I *do* hope they fix the killing blow thing. If not, and given the infrequency of getting that particular boss, it will be extremely difficult to make that count before the event ends without playing a ton of single-player runs just to chase the seasonal achievement.

Upvote 0
This is a known issue that is fixed in the next update. This is affected by two separate bugs one that deranks the map and one that is causing the Objective to only count for getting the final blow.

You may already be aware of this, but last night I verified that the killshot bug is still present after the Beta 2 preview. We were on HoE, and a Matriarch kill by another player gave me no progress on the seasonal objective. I thought I saw this had been fixed in the patch notes. Irregardless, I wanted to point it out. Thanks.

Upvote 0