• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Rhino says it's also for sharpshooter but doesn't appear in sharpshooter trader pod list

Barot8

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
So I purchased the Rhino and according to the store blurb it states it's for the gunslinger and the sharpshooter perks. However, the Rhinos don't appear in the sharpshooter's trader pod buy list :( Is that a bug or does it only work for the gunslinger and not receive sharpshooter perk skils? Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks for the reply, quick follow up question. Will the gun receive the sharpshooter perk skills? :) Fingers crossed hoping for new sharpshooter weapons.

A comment from TW_Molly on reddit

"Originally they were going to be a sharp crossover but after testing we decided against it. Whoever filled out the description wasn't aware of the change."

Sorry man, I'm just as disappointed as you.

Upvote 0
Conceptually, Rhinos not fitting Sharpshooter sounds right to me. Sharp's theme is deliberate headshots, but headshots don't really make the most out of Rhinos' specialty: fragments. Rhino bullets do just 70 damage to what you aim at, unimpressive, but then out the back, three fragments each can do 80 damage to other zeds. Loads of potential there. With the way these spread, fragments don't often hit heads, regardless of your aim. For the sake of improving the odds of fragments hitting zeds, especially if crawlers are around, it can often be better if you don't even get headshots with your aimed bullets, and shoot at lower angles instead.

Bullets also fragment if they hit the floor, which means low misses can still tear up the zeds behind.
Or you can even intentionally shoot the floor in front of a zed, in hopes of him getting hit by multiple fragments. Instead of 70 damage to the closest zed, you can often get 160 or even 240. Nice technique for Abom.

Upvote 0