• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

News From the Front

Bonehead said:
Error on the last part when updating a windows server:
Downloading: C:\ROSERVER\system\core.dll
Could not open file: C:|ROSERVER\system\core.dll

Try downloading it again. Seems like your HLDS hiccupped. I actually tested this on a couple of windows servers so I know it works. Also make sure you didn't accidentally make core.dll read only.

Upvote 0
Terminxman said:
Was steam supposed to update? Mine didn't. Anyways, the patch doesn't seem to change anything important, doesn't seem like it's worth the work of changing the shortcuts.

It doesn't update steam, just RO. It should show improvement to those who have been having problems connecting to servers due to time outs or taking way to long in conjuction with properly setting up your cache size.

Upvote 0
Ok folks.. Client side. Load up the game & go to the multi-player area. You should see 1001 as the version if you are running the beta files. If you want to know what version your server is running or any server. Load up the game go to the Multi-Player section, highlight what ever server you want to check then look in the lower left box where the server info is. You'll see either 1000 = current version or 1001 = beta version.

Good luck.

Upvote 0
Guys...when I try to do the update on my Linux box...im getting this...

[jason@dallas20 redorchestra]$ ./steam -command update -game redorchestra -beta ro
Checking bootstrapper version ...
Updating Installation
No installation record found at redorchestra
Checking/Installing 'RedOrchestraCommon' version 4

And its not updating to the new version. Any Ideas?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's a nice start but the next patch should fix all the bugs with regards to armor. When a T34/85 can 1 shot one kill a Tiger from 600 meters in a frontal hit...something is DEFINITELY wrong.... or When a Tiger is less than 100 meters away from a T34/85 and 13 direct shots don't kill it...

I am hoping for a realism mod to rectify this if the next patch won't.

Upvote 0