• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Something to think about ? Devs

I love the game great job guys ;)

after two weeks I am already seeing alot of signs of people getting bored with the game maps

just my two cents here but I think it would be a wise move to release some new content quickly .. .ie ... maps

as we will loose many people to bordem
before the new recruits have a chance to get interested

I think a few new maps released soon will keep the vets interested longer
giving the fan base a much better chance to grow

I would hate to see this one slip into the where are they now files like HD2:(

~S~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why, back in my day we didn't even have this new fangled squad thing! We were all one big unit and we walked thousands of miles to get to the fight! Sometimes without shoes! And when we got hungry, we had to eat whoever dropped dead first. By the time we got to the battle we were exhausted, but did we sleep? NO! We kept fighting, infact we didn't even have guns! We had to make our own weapons! WE had sticks and rocks and we had to beat the enemy! And it was snowing alot! When our feet froze we had to cut those off and use those to beat the enemy! And we still won!

13 maps is alot for a first release. There's such a variety that there's something for everybody. Also if you don't play against people that give you a challenge any map will get boring. There will be more maps to come though but it takes time. Actually I do think that RO could use a couple of super congested infantry only city maps where SMG & nade chaos reigns supreme, to please the players that prefer non stop action.

Upvote 0
you cant create good maps in two weeks. Two weeks is like the time it takes to test a good map and make sure everything works, is balanced and there arent exploits. Also people will get board thats the way people are, like when games like COD come out there are the majority of players that buy, play the SP and two weeks or so of MP then move on.

Upvote 0
Hyperion2010 said:
Conservative estimate says 2 months.

I've found 2 months start-to-finish is a very agressive timeframe to release a finished, polished, bug-free, fun, and playable map.
(for reference, the Summer Offensive contest for the RO-Mod had a little bit longer then 2-months.. and that was super-intense for alot of us at the time)

Upvote 0