• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Armor combat changes - small but really vital

krsun

Mar 30, 2006
I'll put it short, so it wont take much of you time to read this:
  • A) should be no way for player to instantly get from driver to gunner or commander possitions in the tanks. At least it should take time, at best you should get out and get back to the tank from a different hatch
  • B) gunner should have just one extra but really vital key - then a gunner presses space tha tank STOPS and will be stopped until gunner releases the "breaks" no matter what driver thinks, ok. This is only to compensate the A part. So people would still be able to actualy fire no matter who is in driver seat.
  • C) tank should get shorter reload times if there is a commander together with gunner. This should promote full tank crew.
  • D) who ever was the first player in the tank gets "master control" on who can enter the tank. Such that if you were the first guy in you will see a message sayng "player N wants to get in, Yes/No".
  • E) getting in and out from any vehicle should require some time, if its hard to do the planetside animation, just a progress bar will be just fine. This is really stupid then crew just pops up from a vehicle like a teleport.
Dont get me wrong. I think even now the tank are pretty good. But I think this solo "drive and shoot" approach is too arcade and there is no real reason to have more then one guy in a tank, because even with voice its too hard to coordinate driver and gunner and if you need hull mg driver can switch to it instantly, so the 3d guy is just a waste of player at the time.

Thank you.

PS
There are too many tanks with too short time to spawn of new one to be honest. They dont feel like friking tanks, but more like paper models which have no value at all.

krsun said:
I'll put it short, so it wont take much of you time to read this:A) should be no way for player to instantly get from driver to gunner or commander possitions in the tanks. At least it should take time, at best you should get out and get back to the tank from a different hatch

The Devs already said something like this will be implemented.

krsun said:
B) gunner should have just one extra but really vital key - then a gunner presses space tha tank STOPS and will be stopped until gunner releases the "breaks" no matter what driver thinks, ok. This is only to compensate the A part. So people would still be able to actualy fire no matter who is in driver seat.

I like this idea, although it defeats the purpose of tank coordination. Then again, coordination with idiots who don't listen to their commander isn't fun. For now I just solo tank.

krsun said:
C) tank should get shorter reload times if there is a commander together with gunner. This should promote full tank crew.

Agreed.

krsun said:
D) who ever was the first player in the tank gets "master control" on who can enter the tank. Such that if you were the first guy in you will see a message sayng "player N wants to get in, Yes/No".

Maybe, but it might take too long for crewing up tanks to work.

krsun said:
E) getting in and out from any vehicle should require some time, if its hard to do the planetside animation, just a progress bar will be just fine. This is really stupid then crew just pops up from a vehicle like a teleport.Dont get me wrong. I think even now the tank are pretty good. But I think this solo "drive and shoot" approach is too arcade and there is no real reason to have more then one guy in a tank, because even with voice its too hard to coordinate driver and gunner and if you need hull mg driver can switch to it instantly, so the 3d guy is just a waste of player at the time.

Thank you.

As for E, same thing as A. I agree with this statement-I'd love to coordinate with people, but lag and stupidty of teammates tends to lead me to solo tanking 90% of the time.

Upvote 0
Nimsky said:
That, and add tank exit- and enter times. It's extremely frustrating when you're getting the drop on a tank, Faust him but don't kill him yet, only to have the driver pop out and shoot you in the face. Switching times is a big priority in my opinion.

Yeah but than we need some more Ways of fighting inf from inside a Tank, Weapon Ports and being able to use Weapons outside a Hatch (Commander only). Otherwise its only halfway realistic.

Upvote 0
Fleshing out vehicle interiors and enter/exit/move around/load etc. animations will really help with some of these things. I will say that if a driver didnt stop when a commander told him to IRL he would probably be shot....So if we can use our pistols to shoot the idiot driver in the back of the head when he doesnt stop then :D. Otherwise I like the commander break idea and I dont see how it could really be abused since stopping a tank would only get them killed to if they were trying to be a smack tard.

Upvote 0
Hyperion2010 said:
Fleshing out vehicle interiors and enter/exit/move around/load etc. animations will really help with some of these things. I will say that if a driver didnt stop when a commander told him to IRL he would probably be shot....So if we can use our pistols to shoot the idiot driver in the back of the head when he doesnt stop then :D. Otherwise I like the commander break idea and I dont see how it could really be abused since stopping a tank would only get them killed to if they were trying to be a smack tard.

Oh, I do that now anyways, we just both have to bail and survive the destruction of the tank, caused by the driver's refusal to obey orders. :p

Upvote 0