• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dropping Bandoliers, Pistol Belts and Grenade Pouches

You can't have them on the body; ragdolls are client-side, so technically to another player you can be "searching" an empty space for ammo, even though in your view, you're looking at a corpse.

Bandoliers, pouches, etc. would be good, but regardless, it would still be spilled all over the place like it is now (except instead of a dozen clips, you get several bags) since it's either that or no ammo dropping at all.

Though it's unrealistic, it takes more time to actually pick up the ammo lying around, which pretty much stands in for "searching for ammo" (as mentioned above) and besides, being able to just jog over a body for a split-second and grabbing his entire pouch/bandolier seems odd...

Upvote 0
It's probably been suggested before, but here goes. This is one of the things that make me swear each time it happens. And it's not even a bug, it's a feature.

Please just disable the ability to have the weapon shot out of your hand, if it will cause you to drop the ammo too. It's just not worth the annoyance it causes. That's what I think, anyway. If a better system is implemented later, then I don't mind. ;)

Upvote 0
torhu said:
It's probably been suggested before, but here goes. This is one of the things that make me swear each time it happens. And it's not even a bug, it's a feature.

Please just disable the ability to have the weapon shot out of your hand, if it will cause you to drop the ammo too. It's just not worth the annoyance it causes. That's what I think, anyway. If a better system is implemented later, then I don't mind. ;)
I like it, if only for comedy effects.

Upvote 0