• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Regarding the threads on weapons handling

Regarding the threads on weapons handling

• FALSE DICHOTOMY YOU BASTARD (Both)

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Asshole

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Right

Votes: 41 40.6%
  • You are both wrong and not an asshole.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Magical Brownies?

Votes: 43 42.6%

• Total voters
I agree with you, but the magical brownies tempted me so!!

I will teach you my ninja ways of destroying panties with my mind.

Made me like :D :D

But
It's not going to happen. And I don't actually have ninja ways of destroying panties with my mind that I can teach you—it's hereditary, sucks if you're not azn like me.

Made me like D: D:

Upvote 0
[CiA]Stiletto said:
On automatic weapons: try renting one at a range (in the US, look for Class III ranges, they'll often have SMGs you can rent) and firing it from the shoulder, using the sights.

I wanted to do this, but the only range I found in my vicinity did not have complementary crosshairs. Hell, they didn't even have them available for renting. :(

Upvote 0
[CiA]Stiletto said:
I dunno where this goes, maybe it's even just begging for a lock, but here goes...

Before you suggest something radically different regarding weapons handling, please think about whether or not you can do it in real life with a real firearm.

No, paintball guns, airsoft guns, etc. do not count. The fact that in airsoft wars a full-auto G3 mockup is used as a machine gun should be enough to trip red flags in your logic centers (they're supposed to be in your frontal lobes, please see a neurologist if you can't find them).

Try sprinting and cycling the bolt on a full-length military style bolt-action rifle at the same. If you drop it, I'll cry, because old milsurp rifles don't deserve that kind of abuse after serving their time.

Don't make me cry by trying it, because you probably will. Unless you have the bayonet on, in which case I will cackle wildly as you stab yourself through the <appendage>.

On automatic weapons: try renting one at a range (in the US, look for Class III ranges, they'll often have SMGs you can rent) and firing it from the shoulder, using the sights. See what your patterns look like. Yes, patterns, because unless you are damn good, you're not going to get a "group" firing in bursts longer than a few rounds. Now try firing it from the hip, "walking" impacts into the target by watching the dust kicked up from impacts

Upvote 0
I still get way too many clutch standing hipshots with sniper rifles when surprised in my hideyhole by bayonet weilding assholes with magical brownies and ninjitsu-hax0r panty disolving skillz.

Fortunatly for my continued well being... Stiletto always pauses to disappear my boxers before stabbing me... thus giving me time to spin and hip-shoot him with my sniper rifle as soon as I feel the "breeze".

That said, he's absolutly right... you don't jog and group consistantly, much less sprint. I wouldn't mind seeing a walking / supported mode for the SMGs (tucked into your hip, hand on top to control recoil) where you could move at WALKING speed... faster than IS, but slower than normal jog... but I don't want to see the guns made any more accurate while jogging or cradled... I already get way too many clutch hipshots :D

Cheers,
Perk

Upvote 0