• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Battlefield 2142 Trailer

OMG
This is one EA game I am rather certain not to buy...

Specially after the BS I have seen with bf2

Predictions
So... this game will be released with major bugs and exploits... bunny hopping mechs, poorly balanced weapons..

then to release a patch, they will have to sell a 15$ expension giving new mechs that will run on the original game to give a disadvantage to those who didnt buy the update..

Its unfortunate... I did enjoy bf2...(specially flying the HELO) but the exagerated hardware requirements due to poor coding, the obvious signs of lazyness (lack of support for Geforce4TI cards) just made me want to find something better... for example red orchestra...

I want a Desert Combat 2006 mod on either the source engin or the UT engin :)
that would be nice...

well... Ill be enjoying RO for the next years to come
I hope in 1 or 2 years I could see a new RO on UT2007 engin with planes and 64player support

Upvote 0
I really don't see why they've gone with the whole Mechwarrior shtick for the next Battlefield. Their niche has always been "realworld" combat, while UT, Quake Wars, Tribes, etc etc had the futuristic scifi weapons. They would have been much smarter to make a Battlefield 2042, with the next generation UAVs, "wired soldier" outfits, smart weapons, robotic tanks and the like, similar to the new Ghost Recon. Then they could have a futuristic shooter without copying UT and Halo :p

Upvote 0
2ltben said:
Lasers are terrifying and powerful weapons with the right amount of power, people just think they work like they do in Star Trek. Well, Star Trek never had people being cut in two by a beam of light. The only problem is that they're virtually ineffective on a scale as short as BF map sizes because of the amount of energy needed and the size of the equipment(this is 2142, not the 44th century. Pocket laser blasters will be far from the realm of the actual).

I just love how is takes less than a full twenty years for 25% of the world to be engulfed in a new ice age, and that there were no warning signs to speak of. They might as well have said that magic ice fairies caused it.

hey remember ENIAC and how it filled a whole room?

now we have personal computers that weigh less than 5 pounds that are much more powerful

they have lasers now that fill rooms, but these lasers are strong enough to be considered SDI weapons ( the 747 in development, ground platforms already in use ) whos to say in 60 years the average laser weapon powerful enough to kill a man will be small enough?

who knows lol

Upvote 0
2ltben said:
Lasers are terrifying and powerful weapons with the right amount of power, people just think they work like they do in Star Trek. Well, Star Trek never had people being cut in two by a beam of light. The only problem is that they're virtually ineffective on a scale as short as BF map sizes because of the amount of energy needed and the size of the equipment(this is 2142, not the 44th century. Pocket laser blasters will be far from the realm of the actual).

I just love how is takes less than a full twenty years for 25% of the world to be engulfed in a new ice age, and that there were no warning signs to speak of. They might as well have said that magic ice fairies caused it.
Ever heard of the exponential growth of technology? Its only going to get faster. Regardless, true laser weapons are extremely inefficient, and will most likely not be implemented in combat.

But I must ask. Why did they put mecha in this game? There is no point. Does EA think that in 2142, after 25 years of the Earth crumbling and most nation's supplys being wiped out that anyone would have mecha?(ignoring the horrible plot, already full of holes) Whats the point anyways, tanks with treads are easier to come by, more efficient, and better suited for the supposed combat zone.

Mechs are only useful for mountainous terrain. In this post-apocalyptic EA version of bull***** we have mecha, clean cities, and no refugees to accidently explode. Righto.

Grabage, absolute garbage. But I'm sure the drooling masses will buy it.

Upvote 0